SMOKED BEEF RIBS: BIG & MEATY BBQ RIBS – SMOKED BBQ SOURCE
Provided by: Jordan Hanger
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 400 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 360 minutes
|1 7-8lb rack beef short ribs|
|2 tbsp yellow mustard|
|½ cup water|
|½ cup apple cider vinegar|
|2 tbsp black pepper (freshly ground)|
|2 tbsp kosher salt|
|2 tbsp garlic powder (garlic flakes also works)|
- Trim most of the fat and silver skin from the beef ribs.
- Coat ribs in mustard or olive oil to help the rub stick to the meat.
- Mix rub ingredients together if making your own, then apply rub evenly being sure to get plenty on the sides.
- Heat your smoker 250-275°F using a smoke wood like hickory, apple, cherry, pecan or oak.
- Place ribs on the smoker bone side down.
- Smoke for between 6 – 10 hours between 250° – 275°F
- You can start spritzing with a mix of apple cider vinegar and water after two hours. Repeat every hour.
- Remove the ribs from the smoker when probe tender (between 200- 207°F) and rest for at least 30 minutes. If you need to rest longer, wrap in aluminum foil or butcher paper and leave to rest wrapped in old towels in a cooler.
- Slice the ribs and serve with beans and coleslaw or any of your favorite bbq sides.
CarbohydrateContent 4 g, ProteinContent 74 g, FatContent 40 g, SaturatedFatContent 17 g, CholesterolContent 228 mg, SodiumContent 2636 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 1 g, Calories 689 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving