BASIC OVEN ROASTED PEANUTS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 23 minutes
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 batch
|2 cups raw peanuts|
|1 teaspoon salt (optional)|
- Place raw peanuts, in shell or shelled, one layer deep in a shallow baking pan. Sprinkle salt over.
- Roast in a 350 degree F oven; 15 to 20 minutes for shelled and 20 to 25 minutes for in shell peanuts.
- Remove from heat just short of doneness desired, as peanuts continue to cook as they cool.
Calories 1655.6, FatContent 143.8, SaturatedFatContent 20, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 52.6, CarbohydrateContent 47.1, FiberContent 24.8, SugarContent 11.6, ProteinContent 75.3
ROASTED PEANUTS RECIPE | ALTON BROWN | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Alton Brown
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: approximately 2 pounds roasted peanuts in shell
|2 pounds in-shell raw peanuts*|
|2 tablespoons peanut oil|
|1 to 2 tablespoons kosher salt|
- *Cooks note: If eating peanuts roasted right out of the shell, use Virginia or Valencia peanuts. If utilizing roasted peanuts to make peanut butter, use Spanish peanuts as they have a higher oil content.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse the peanuts under cool water to remove excess dirt. Pat dry and place in a large bowl and toss with the peanut oil and salt until well coated.
- Place on 2 half sheet pans, making sure to spread them out into a single layer. Roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through cooking. Once you remove the peanuts from the oven, let them cool slightly before eating. They will continue to “cook” and become crunchy as they cool.
- If using peanuts to make peanut butter, remove shells and discard. Remove the skin by rubbing the peanuts together in your hands held over a salad spinner, allowing the peanuts and skins to fall into the bowl. Once the skin has been loosened from all of the peanuts close the salad spinner and spin until all of the skin has been separated from the peanuts.
BOILED PEANUTS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Thelma
Categories: Appetizers and Snacks
Total time: 3 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 5 pounds
|5 pounds raw peanuts, in shells|
|1 cup salt|
|water to cover|
- Wash the peanuts and place them in a pot. Add salt and water. Bring the water to a boil.
- Let the water boil for 3 hours.
- Taste the peanuts, if they are not salty enough for your taste add more salt. If you would like the peanuts to be softer, return the water to boil and cook until they reach the consistency you desire.
Calories 321.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 9.2 g, FatContent 27.9 g, FiberContent 4.8 g, ProteinContent 14.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.9 g, SodiumContent 2345.4 mg, SugarContent 2.3 g