PERFECT FLAT IRON STEAK RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Cocina JNOTS
Categories: Flat Iron Steak
Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
|1 (2 pound) flat iron steak|
|2 ½ tablespoons olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley|
|¼ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary|
|½ teaspoon chopped fresh chives|
|¼ cup Cabernet Sauvignon (or other dry red wine)|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|¾ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|¼ teaspoon dry mustard powder|
- Place the steak inside of a large resealable bag. In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, garlic, parsley, rosemary, chives, red wine, salt, pepper and mustard powder. Pour over the steak in the bag. Press out as much air as you can and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sear and cook the steak in the hot skillet for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, or to your desired degree of doneness. Discard the marinade. Allow the steaks to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
Calories 344.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 0.8 g, CholesterolContent 103.2 mg, FatContent 23.1 g, FiberContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 31.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.5 g, SodiumContent 291.7 mg, SugarContent 0.1 g
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT FLAT IRON STEAK IN CAST IRON – THE VIRTUAL …
Provided by: Suzie J.
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|1 1.25 pound Flat Iron Steak|
|3 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary (chopped)|
|2 Tsp Salt ( kosher, or fine salt)|
|1 Tsp Finishing Salt (or course salt (for a crunchier crust))|
|2 Tsp Black Pepper (fresh ground)|
|2 Tbsp Light Olive Oil|
- Pat the steak dry with a clean paper towel (be sure to get both sides).
- Season the Steak:
- Marinate + Bring to Room Temperature :
- To Cook the Flat Iron Steak:
- To Rest the Steak:
- To Slice the Steak:
ServingSize 0.33 of steak, Calories 267 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 4 g, ProteinContent 1 g, FatContent 29 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, CholesterolContent 1 mg, SodiumContent 6980 mg, FiberContent 2 g, SugarContent 1 g
What is a flat iron steak, and is it any good?
The flat iron steak is a relatively healthy cut of steak, it’s quite lean and also has a good amount of protein and iron. See below the nutritional value of one serving (85g) of Flat Iron Steak: Calories = 189
How do you cook flat iron steak in crock pot?
Season steaks with salt and let sit at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, place peppercorns in a plastic bag and coarsely crack with a meat mallet or rolling pin. …
Heat a medium skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium-high. …
Discard fat from pan. …
How to cook flat iron steak in the oven?
To Cook Flat Iron Steak in Convection Oven
Take your steaks out of the refrigerator 40 minutes before you plan to start cooking, this will allow the meat to come to room temperature and ensure even cooking.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the beef on a rack in the roasting pan and put it into the oven.
Is flat iron steak the same as brisket?
Is Flat Iron Steak the same as brisket? Flat Iron Steak vs. Since flat iron steak is not as well known as flank steak, it is easy to confuse the two. However, they are very different cuts of meat, beginning with the part of the cow from which they come. They are both flavorful and tender, but the flank steak is leaner than the flat iron.