HOOTERS DAYTONA BEACH SAUCE RECIPE (COPYCAT)
Provided by: admin
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|3 pounds Chicken wings|
|½ cup All-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon Paprika|
|1 teaspoon Black Pepper|
|1 teaspoon Salt|
|¾ cup BBQ Sauce|
|¼ cup Red Hot Sauce|
|¼ cup Honey|
|2 tablespoons Brown Sugar|
|1 tablespoon Garlic powder|
|1 tablespoon Soy Sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper|
- Mix the flour, paprika, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Shake off the excess flour after tossing the wings in the flour mixture. Let them rest in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Daytona wing sauce recipe in a pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Bring the sauce to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer. Remove it from the heat.
- Preheat the grill to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grill the wings after taking them out of the freezer. Cook the wings until they turn golden brown.
- In the sauce, toss the wings around.
- Let's serve and enjoy.
Calories 1028 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
MY DAYTONA HOT WINGS | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Lisa Johnson @ryder70
Categories: Poultry Appetizers
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|1 – package chicken wings (approx. 3 – 4 lbs)|
|3/4 cup(s) flour|
|1 1/2 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika|
|1 teaspoon(s) paprika|
|1 teaspoon(s) pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) salt|
|– olive oil spray|
|3/4 cup(s) Kraft Original BBQ Sauce|
|1/4 cup(s) Frank’s Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce|
|1/4 cup(s) honey|
|3 tablespoon(s) brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder|
|1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon(s) corn starch|
|– crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)|
- In a 1-gallon Ziploc baggie, put the ingredients for the wing mix in. Turn over several times to mix ingredients together. When you open the bag to put the wings in you will smell a smokey scent!
- Spray a large baking sheet with the olive oil spray.
- Cut wings apart, so you have two pieces. I do not use the very end of the wing as this does not have hardly any meat on it.
- Put 4 or 5 wings into Ziploc baggie and turn over and over to coat.
- Remove wings and shake excess off and place on pan. Repeat until all wings are coated.
- Bake at 375* for 15 minutes.
- Take out and turn all wings over. Return to oven for another 20 minutes.
- While wings are finishing up start sauce.
- Put all sauce ingredients into a sauce pan and start cooking over a medium low heat. When adding crushed red pepper flakes, it is up to you how hot you would like your wings. The more you add, the hotter they will be.
- Cook until sauce thickens. Takes about 15 minutes.
- When wings are finished baking, remove from oven and turn oven to BROIL.
- Using a brush, brush sauce onto all sides of the wings.
- Return to oven and broil about 5 minutes. This gives the wings a glazed look.
- Serve with your choice of blue cheese, ranch dressing or just as they are!