COPYCAT WAFFLE HOUSE WAFFLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Marianne Williams
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 1 waffle)
|1 ½ cups (about 6 3/8 ) all-purpose flour|
|¼ cup cornstarch|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|½ teaspoon baking soda|
|½ teaspoon baking powder|
|1 large egg, lightly beaten|
|⅓ cup granulated sugar|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for serving|
|2 tablespoons vegetable shortening, softened|
|¾ teaspoon vanilla extract|
|¾ cup whole milk|
|½ cup half-and-half|
|½ cup whole buttermilk|
- Stir together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl; set aside. Whisk together egg, sugar, butter, shortening, and vanilla in a seperate bowl until well combined; stir in milk, half-and-half, and buttermilk until combined and smooth. Fold flour mixture into milk mixture until just combined (some lumps may remain).
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Spray with cooking spray, and spoon about 1/2 cup batter into waffle iron. Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions until golden brown and crispy, about 4 to 6 minutes. Serve immediately topped with butter and maple syrup.
COPYCAT WAFFLE HOUSE HASH BROWNS – CHEAP RECIPE BLOG
Provided by: Cheap Recipe Blog
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|30-ounce package frozen hash browns|
|6 tablespoons cooking oil, divided|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced|
|1 ham steak, cubed|
|1 Roma tomato, diced|
|2 green onions, chopped|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
- For hash browns: Heat 4 tablespoons cooking oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Once oil is hot, add hash browns. Cook according to package directions (which will probably say leave the hash browns to cook without stirring or disturbing, for 15 minutes, until browned on the bottom and hot on the top). Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- For toppings: Heat remaining 2 tablespoons cooking oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Add onion and cook until they begin to soften. Add green pepper and cook for about 2 minutes. Add ham and cook until browned. Place toppings into a bowl and set aside.
- Transfer hash browns to 2nd frying pan, so browned side is up. Place over low heat. Top with American cheese slices and allow to melt for a couple of minutes. Add toppings.
- Top with tomatoes and green onion. Serve.
How to make the perfect Waffle House waffles?
Waffle House Waffles recipe requires flour, soda, salt, egg, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Beat the egg. Then add the sugar, butter, shortening, and buttermilk. Cover and chill the batter overnight. Preheat the waffle iron and cook the batter for 3-4 minutes. Your waffle is ready.
What are some good toppings for waffles?
Perfectly runny eggs are a great savory topping for any waffle. They pack lots of protein, too! Get Ree’s recipe. Both fresh and caramelized bananas make a great addition to a stack of waffles. Although they’re not Ree’s favorite fruit, they’re a classic breakfast option.
Can you get melt in your mouth waffles at Waffle House?
Recreate the iconic flavor of a Waffle House waffle in your own home. We’ve pulled together a some amazing copycat recipes for you to enjoy. These melt-in-your-mouth waffles are so tender, you can skip butter and syrup. (But why would you want to?) They are a pretty perfect copycat version of the classic Waffle House waffle recipe.
How to cook waffle batter in a waffle iron?
Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating. Then, spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter in iron and cook for 3-4 minutes or until brown. 4. Garnish Serve it with your favorite topping, be it fruits, fried chicken, or great caramel syrup. It goes just perfectly with all of it. Enjoy!