VICTORIA SPONGE FAIRY CAKES
|150 grams Unsalted butter Softened|
|150 grams Caster Sugar|
|3 Med Free range eggs|
|150 grams Self raising flour sifted|
|5 ml Vanilla extract|
|75 grams Unsalted butter Softened|
|150 grams Icing sugar sifted|
|5 ml Vanilla extract|
|250 grams Strawberry Jam|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan assisted oven, 350°F, gas mark 4). Put the Cupcake Cases in 12 muffin tins. Put the softened butter in a mixing bowl with the caster sugar. Whisk together until creamy and light in texture and colour. Gradually beat in the eggs and Vanilla Extract until well blended. Sift the flour on top and using a large wooden spoon, carefully fold the flour into the whisked ingredients Divide the mixture equally between the cupcake cases and smooth over the tops. Bake for about 20 minutes until risen, golden brown and just firm to the touch. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a circle out of the top of each cake approx. 1cm (1/2inch) away from the edge, scooping out a pocket of the cake sponge underneath at the same time. Trim away the excess sponge from each of the cake tops, and cut in half to form the fairy wings Make the butter icing using 75g of unsalted butter, 150g of icing sugar and 5ml of Vanilla Extract. Fill the centre of each cake with strawberry jam and pipe a generous swirl of butter icing on top. Put on your fairy wings on top of the butter icing then dust lightly with icing sugar. For an additional twist why not use fresh whipped cream put a strawberry slice on top too.
Calories 278 calories, FatContent 15.342301056687 g, CarbohydrateContent 34.3260769514994 g, CholesterolContent 40.3125 mg, FiberContent 0.337500005960464 g, ProteinContent 1.39605105668695 g, SaturatedFatContent 9.65332100944783 g, ServingSize 1 1 Serving (57g), SodiumContent 161.001408503043 mg, SugarContent 33.9885769455389 g, TransFatContent 1.10463063401217 g
FAIRY CAKES RECIPE | CUPCAKE RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
Provided by: Tesco Real Food
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|125g salted butter|
|125g caster sugar|
|125g (4oz) self-raising flour|
|5ml (1tsp) vanilla extract|
|15ml (1tbsp) milk|
|150g unsalted butter|
|250g icing sugar|
|10ml (2tsp) vanilla extract|
|60ml (4tbsp) strawberry jam|
|icing sugar, for dusting|
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 9 cupcake cases.
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating between each addition. If the mixture splits, add a tablespoon of flour and whisk until the batter is smooth.
WATCH: How to cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Sift the flour into the mixture and using a large metal spoon, then gently fold the flour until well combined. Stir in the vanilla essence and milk. The mixture should easily drop off a spoon.
- Spoon into the cases and cook for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
WATCH: What should a clean skewer look like?
- To make the buttercream icing, put the butter in a large bowl and beat until creamy. Sift in the icing sugar and whisk until well combined. Add the vanilla extract. If the mixture is too stiff, add a little milk.
- Cut the top off each cake and then cut the slices in half. Cover each cake with the butter icing. Put a little strawberry jam on top of each cake and push the 2 half-slices into the buttercream at an angle to make a pair of wings.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Calories 485 calories, FatContent 27 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 16 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 61.2 grams carbohydrate, SugarContent 49 grams sugar, FiberContent 0.5 grams fibre, ProteinContent 3.1 grams protein
ICED FAIRY CAKES RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Good Food team
Categories: Afternoon tea, Treat
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 12
|100g caster sugar|
|100g very soft butter|
|100g self-raising flour|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|200g very soft butter|
|200g icing sugar|
|food colouring, sprinkles, marshmallows etc|
- Ask a grown-up helper to turn the oven on to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put a paper case in hole of a 12-hole bun tin.
- Put the sugar and butter (it must be soft or you won’t be able to mix it properly) in a bowl and mix it together. Sift in the flour.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl (spoon out any bits of shell that fall in) and add them to the bowl with the vanilla. Mix everything together.
- Divide between the cases using a spoon, scraping it off with a knife. Ask a grown-up helper to put the tray in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix the butter and icing sugar to make a creamy icing. Add colouring, if you like. Push an icing nozzle into an icing bag, then scoop in the icing.
- Let the cakes cool completely in the tray. Pipe icing onto each cake and decorate with marshmallows or sprinkles, or whatever you like.
Calories 331 calories, FatContent 22 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 13 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 39 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 27 grams sugar, ProteinContent 2 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.5 milligram of sodium
MARY BERRY’S ICED FAIRY CAKES | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTO
Provided by: Mary Berry
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: Makes: 12
|100 g (4 oz) softened butter|
|100 g (4 oz) caster sugar|
|2 large eggs|
|100 g (4 oz) self-raising flour|
|1 level tsp baking powder|
- To make this fairy cakes recipe, heat the oven to 200C fan, 180C fan, gas 6. Place fairy cake cases into a 12-hole bun tin, to keep a good even shape as they bake.
- Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat for 2-3 mins until the mixture is well blended and smooth. Fill each paper case with the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the cakes are well risen and golden brown. Lift the paper cases out of the bun tin and cool the cakes on a wire rack.
- Put the icing sugar in a bowl and gradually blend in the warm water until you have a fairly stiff icing. Spoon over the top of the cakes and decorate with sweets.
@context https//schema.org, Calories 208 Kcal, SugarContent 27 g, FatContent 8 g, SodiumContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 2 g, CarbohydrateContent 33 g