SEVIYAAN (VERMICELLI MILK PUDDING) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
I have a saucepan I use just for making sweet dishes, like custard, rice pudding and seviyaan – spicy food tends to permeate cooking equipment, and the same pans I use for making meals would not be appropriate for making desserts in. tacos kebab recettes.
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|3 cups milk|
|1 cup vermicelli, roasted (seviyaan)|
|1/2-1 teaspoon ghee (optional)|
|1 -1 1/2 cup raw sugar (can use regular white sugar)|
|1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder|
|1 tablespoon pistachios, chopped|
- Wash a saucepan with cold water and shake out the excess.
- Place pan over medium flame and heat the milk, stirring often until it is near boiling (should take 10 minutes). Scrape the walls and base of the pan while heating, to prevent the milk sticking.
- Lower heat to med-low, and cook uncovered, stirring every 5-10 minutes until the milk is reduced by about 1/3 (this should take about 1 hour).
- Add the roasted vermicelli into the reduced hot milk. The vermicelli can be broken into smaller pieces first to make it easier to handle. Roasted vermicelli should be available in packets from Indian or Pakistani grocery stores.
- The vermicelli will soften after 2-3 minutes. Add the ghee (optional) and mix it through. Continue to cook seviyaan over med-low a further 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. You may want to add 1 cup first and taste the seviyaan after the sugar dissolves fully to see if you want the dessert to be any sweeter.
- Stir through the cardamom powder, then let the seviyaan thicken over med-low heat for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the mixture sticking.
- Serve warm in individual bowls garnished with pistachio nuts. If chilling, cover with plastic wrap that is in contact with the surface of the pudding, let cool almost to room temperature and then chill several hours in the fridge.
Calories 322.2, FatContent 7.6, SaturatedFatContent 4.3, CholesterolContent 25.6, SodiumContent 90.2, CarbohydrateContent 59.2, FiberContent 0.3, SugarContent 50, ProteinContent 6.4
VERMICELLI PUDDING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: nausheen
Categories: Pasta by Shape
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 quart milk|
|5 tablespoons white sugar|
|8 cardamom seeds, or to taste|
|1 (8 ounce) package vermicelli pasta, broken into 4-inch lengths|
|8 raisins, or more to taste|
- Bring milk, sugar, and cardamom seeds to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir broken vermicelli pasta and raisins into milk mixture and simmer until pasta is tender and the cream sauce has thickened, about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and let stand until warm, about 15 minutes. If pudding is too thick, stir in a little milk.
Calories 385.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 68 g, CholesterolContent 19.5 mg, FatContent 5.8 g, FiberContent 2.5 g, ProteinContent 14.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.2 g, SodiumContent 101.6 mg, SugarContent 27.6 g