CHEF GUY FIERI’S TRASH CAN NACHOS RECIPE – THEFOODXP
Provided by: Yamini Rathore
Categories: Chef’s Delight
Total time: 100 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 80 minutes
|3 Minced Garlic Cloves|
|2 tbsp Lime Juice|
|1 ½ tbsp Kosher Salt|
|2 tbsp Butter|
|8 ounces Skirt Steak|
|1 cup Heavy Cream|
|2 ounces Grated Mild Cheddar|
|1 tbsp Flour|
|2 ounces Monterey Jack|
|2 ounces Asadero Cheese|
|2 ounces Oaxaca|
|1 tbsp Minced Pickled Jalapenos|
|1 tbsp Pickled Jalapenos Juice|
|1 cup Dried Black Beans|
|2 tbsp Pico De Gallo|
|½ cup Minced Sweet Onion|
|1 tsp Dried Mexican Oregano|
|¼ pound Tortilla chips|
|110 ounce Large Tin Empty Can|
- Take a dish and put the steak in it. Then, mix lime juice, 2 minced garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon kosher salt in a bowl, and rub it over the steak from both sides.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Grill the steak over high heat until it gets charred completely. Leave it for some time, then chop.
- Put butter and flour in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking until it gets smooth and toasted.
- Put milk and heavy cream into it and bring it to a boil. Whisk in Monterey Jack, Oaxaca, grated mild cheddar and asadero cheese until they get melted.
- Put a pinch each of cayenne and cumin; jalapeno juice, minced pickled jalapenos and Pico de Gallo. Remove the contents from heat and keep them warm.
- Drain rinsed and soaked dried black beans and transfer to a saucepan. Add water and bring it to a boil. Now, put sweet onion, minced garlic, 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt and Mexican Oregano into the saucepan.
- Simmer until the beans are tender.
- Now, spoon some of the melty cheese in a tin can. Layer it up by tortilla chips one-quarter of the way up.
- Put more cheese over the chips. Layer up with steak and beans as well. Season it with sliced red onion, sliced jalapeno, Pico de Gallo and drizzle with Mexican crema.
- Repeat the above-mentioned step to make 3 more layers. After placing a large round tray over the nachos, invert the can. Now remove the can.
- Garnish it with more red onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
Calories 403 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 15 g, FatContent 28 g, ProteinContent 23 g, FiberContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 112 mg, ServingSize 1 serving