TOFU & CHICKPEA CURRY WITH SPRING GREENS | JAMIE MAGAZINE RECIPES
|1 red onion|
|3 cloves of garlic|
|200 g tofu|
|1 fresh red chilli|
|200 g spring greens|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 tablespoon ground coriander|
|2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|½ teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 teaspoon turmeric|
|1 x 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 x 400 g tin of chickpeas|
|2 teaspoons paprika|
|2 teaspoons garam masala|
|½ a lemon|
|2 teaspoons cumin seeds|
- Peel and finely slice the onion. Peel the garlic, then finely chop 1 of the cloves and finely slice the rest. Cut the tofu into cubes. Finely slice the chilli, and shred the spring greens.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, add the onion and chopped garlic, and cook gently until the onion begins to brown.
- Add the ground coriander and cumin, cayenne and turmeric. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and half a tin of water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the tofu until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Drain, rinse and stir the chickpeas into the tomato sauce, heat through, then add the paprika, garam masala, lemon juice and seasoning to taste, plus more water if it looks too dry. Add the tofu.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and fry gently to release the aroma, then add sliced garlic and chilli.
- When the garlic begins to brown, add the spring greens and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until just cooked. Serve with the tofu and chickpea curry.
Calories 310 calories, FatContent 14.5 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 1.8 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 13.0 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 27.8 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 6.2 g sugar, SodiumContent 0 g salt, FiberContent 0 g fibre
TOFU STIR FRY RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETARIAN RECIPES
Provided by: Phillippa Spence
Total time: 25 minutes
|2 tablespoons cashew nuts|
|3 tablespoons sesame seeds|
|175 g firm tofu|
|1 teaspoon cornflour|
|2 cloves of garlic|
|5 cm piece of ginger|
|4 spring onions|
|2 fresh red chillies optional|
|½ a head of broccoli|
|½ a red pepper|
|4 baby sweetcorn|
|80 g sweetcorn|
|low-salt soy sauce|
- Place a frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add the cashew nuts, then 30 seconds later add the sesame seeds. Toss for a further 30 seconds until golden, then tip into a bowl.
- Cut the tofu into cubes, then place in a bowl and dust with the cornflour and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add a good lug of oil to the pan or wok and place back over a medium-high heat.
- Fry the tofu until golden and crisp, then scoop it out of the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper. While it’s still warm, drizzle with honey and scatter over the nuts and seeds.
- Peel and slice the garlic and ginger, then trim and slice the spring onions on an angle. Slice the chillies (if using), cut the broccoli into florets, then slice the pepper. Halve the sweetcorn lengthways.
- Return the pan to a medium heat and add the garlic, ginger, spring onions and chillies (if using). Stir-fry for 30 seconds, or until the garlic turns golden.
- Add your vegetables and stir-fry for a further 4 minutes. Squeeze in the juice from half the lime and add a splash of soy sauce.
- Tip the vegetables into bowls, top with the crispy tofu and serve with the remaining lime wedges and some chilli sauce, if you like extra heat.
Calories 399 calories, FatContent 23.2 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 3.6 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 22.6 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 25.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 10.4 g sugar, SodiumContent 1.2 g salt, FiberContent 7.5 g fibre
CHICKPEA TOFU CURRY | AMAZINGLY RICH VEGAN CURRY IN 25 MIN
Provided by: Veganbell
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|9 oz. tofu ((250 gm.))|
|1.5 tablespoons rice flour|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic ((grated))|
|1 inch ginger ((grated))|
|2 green chilies ((chopped))|
|1 onion ((chopped))|
|1/2 cup tomato puree|
|1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder|
|1/2 teaspoon cumin powder|
|1/2 teaspoon coriander powder|
|2 cups chickpeas ((cooked))|
|1.5 cups water|
|1/2 cup coconut cream|
|1/4 cup cilantro ((freshly chopped))|
- In a large bowl, add tofu + rice flour + salt + pepper. Stir and mix. Make sure the tofu is well-coated with the flour.
- Set a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once it's hot, add the tofu and saute on all sides until golden-brown. Transfer them to a bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil (in the same skillet). Once hot, add garlic + ginger + green chilies + onion. Stir-saute for 3-4 minutes or until the onions turn golden.
- Add tomato puree + turmeric powder + cumin powder + coriander powder + salt. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes over low heat (stirring frequently). The spices must be thoroughly cooked with the sauce.
- Next, add cooked chickpeas + water. Give it a stir, cover the lid, and cook for 5 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Open the lid, add fried tofu + coconut cream + freshly chopped cilantro. Mix gently. Your chickpea tofu curry is now ready! Serve over rice or with flatbreads!
Calories 390 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 38 g, ProteinContent 15 g, FatContent 24 g, SaturatedFatContent 11 g, SodiumContent 347 mg, FiberContent 9 g, SugarContent 8 g, ServingSize 1 serving