TOASTED BREADCRUMBS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Terri-Lynn Howell-Schlaiss
Categories: DIY Recipes
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
|10 slices whole wheat bread, or your favorite bread|
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Using tongs, place bread slices directly on the oven racks in the preheated oven. Leave in the oven until hard and golden brown, about 30 minutes; darker if you prefer. Remove bread and cool on a wire rack.
- Crumble slices into a large bowl until reduced to fine crumbs, or place in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until fine.
Calories 175.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 29.3 g, FatContent 2.4 g, FiberContent 4.8 g, ProteinContent 9.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.5 g, SodiumContent 335.1 mg
TOASTED BREADCRUMBS RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Adam Rapoport
Yield: 1 cup
- Tear about 1/4 of a good loaf of rustic white bread (fresh or day-old) until you’ve got 2 cups 1-inch crustless breadcrumbs. Pulse in a food processor until crumbs are coarse. Toast crumbs in about 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, tossing frequently, until crunchy and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Season with kosher salt and let cool on a paper towel-lined plate. DO AHEAD: Breadcrumbs can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
SWISS CHARD WITH TOASTED BREADCRUMBS RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Quick & Easy Recipes
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|2 1/2 tablespoons butter|
|1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs|
|Coarse salt and ground pepper|
|2 pounds Swiss chard|
- In a 5-quart saucepan, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add fresh breadcrumbs and a pinch each of coarse salt and ground pepper. Cook, tossing, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside; wipe pan with a paper towel.
- Swiss chard; slice crosswise 3/4 inch thick, keeping stems separate from greens.
- In pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high. Cook stems, stirring, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add greens; cover and cook over medium-low until wilted, 5 minutes. Uncover; cook, stirring, over medium-high until pan is dry, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper; add a pinch of sugar, if desired. Top with breadcrumbs.
Calories 84 g, FatContent 5 g, FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 3 g