LEMON-THYME BREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 01 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf (12 pieces).
|1/2 cup butter, softened|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|1 large egg, room temperature|
|1/2 cup buttermilk|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour|
|2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme|
|1 tablespoon grated lemon zest|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg. Combine buttermilk and sour cream. Combine the flour, thyme, lemon zest, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beating well after each addition., Transfer to a greased 8×4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Cool completely; sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
Calories 212 calories, FatContent 10g fat (6g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 45mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 176mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 3g protein.
BUTTERY THYME BREAD
Provided by: THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM
Categories: baking,main dish,side dish
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 loaf French Bread (Storebought Is Fine)|
|2 sticks Salted Butter, Softened|
|3 sprigs Or More Fresh Thyme, To Taste|
- Chop some fresh thyme. Cut the French bread loaf in half lengthwise. Spread 1 stick of softened, room-temperature butter on each half (one stick on one half, and the remaining stick on the other half). Make sure the butter is very, very soft so it won’t tear the bread. Also—very important—make sure the butter is salted. Bake at 350ºF for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Then remove the bread from the oven and—this is the kicker—turn on the broiler. Stick the bread back into the oven and BROIL it for 3 to 5 minutes, watching it the entire time. You want the butter to start caramelizing. When done, take the bread out of the oven and sprinkle the chopped fresh thyme all over the top. To serve, cut into 1-inch slices and throw into a breadbasket, or arrange artfully on a shiny, funky platter.
GARLIC-THYME FOCACCIA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Jackie Mills, R.D.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
|1 teaspoon sugar|
|1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)|
|1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)|
|½ teaspoon fine sea salt|
|2 ⅓ cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided (about 11 1/4 ounces)|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme|
|¾ teaspoon coarse sea salt|
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in 1 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in fine sea salt. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and spoons; level with a knife. Add 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour, stirring to form a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead dough until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining 1/3 cup flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook 5 minutes or until fragrant. Remove garlic from oil with a slotted spoon; discard garlic, and remove pan from heat.
- Place dough on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Brush garlic oil over dough; sprinkle with thyme. Cover and let rise 25 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Make indentations in top of dough using the handle of a wooden spoon or your fingertips; sprinkle dough evenly with coarse sea salt. Bake at 425° for 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan; cool on a wire rack.
Calories 128 calories, CarbohydrateContent 24.2 g, FatContent 1.7 g, FiberContent 1.1 g, ProteinContent 3.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.2 g, SodiumContent 289 mg
GARLIC-THYME BREAD RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 72 hours 35 minutes
Prep time: 72 hours
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
|1 package dry active yeast|
|1 1/2 cups water|
|2 teaspoons olive oil|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|5 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme|
|2 cups whole wheat flour|
|1 -1 1/2 cup white flour|
|cornmeal, for dusting|
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine yeast and water, and allow to stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until foamy.
- Stir in oil, salt, garlic, thyme, and whole wheat flour.
- Add white flour 1/4 cup at a time, as needed, until a stiff manageable dough is formed.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 to 10 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled.
- (For even more garlicky flavour, after the dough has risen once, punch it down and place in refrigerator for 1 to 3 days. Let it come to room temperature, and then proceed with the following directions.) Preheat oven to 450° and dust a baking sheet with cornmeal.
- If desired, work a bit of parmesan-reggiano into the dough at this point with some olive oil for extra flavour.
- Form the dough into a round, place on prepared cooking sheet, cover with plastic, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush lightly with cold water, bake for 5 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 400° and continue baking for 20-30 minutes, or until loaf is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
Calories 1393.6, FatContent 15.2, SaturatedFatContent 2.3, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 4679, CarbohydrateContent 277.8, FiberContent 34.8, SugarContent 1.5, ProteinContent 49.6
How do you make the perfect lemon bread?
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved milk mixture. Stir in lemon juice and zest. Pour into a greased 9×5-in. loaf pan.
What can I do with thyme and sundried tomato bread?
Thyme and Sundried Tomato Bread. A lovely bread recipe, great to have on its own or with a salad, cold cuts, or soup. Make sandwiches, use with dips, chutneys, the possibilities are endless! or Simply serve sliced with a spread of butter. Yummy! cup Scant 1 lukewarm water.
How to cook bread in the microwave?
Directions In a microwave-safe bowl, combine milk and thyme. Microwave, uncovered, on high 1-2 minutes or until bubbly; cover and let stand until cooled to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Pour into a greased 9×5-in. loaf pan.
How do you reheat bread?
To reheat bread, just toast individual slices in the toaster or heat the whole bread up in in the air fryer or oven at 350 F for about 5-10 minutes until warmed through and crisp on the outside. If heating from frozen, let the bread thaw first in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat. Did You Make Any of These Popular Bread Recipes?