COPY CAT TACO BELL MEXICAN PIZZA RECIPE
Provided by: Michaela Kenkel
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|1-1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef|
|1 small onion, diced|
|2-3 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1 packet Taco Bell Taco Seasoning|
|Salt and Pepper to taste|
|1 (15 ounce can) Fat-Free refried beans, warmed|
|Salsa or taco sauce, your choice, we buy the Taco Bell Taco Sauce in a bottle|
|8 – 6″ flour tortillas, soft taco size|
|2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese, divided|
|tops of 4 Green Onions, sliced|
|4 Roma sized tomatoes, diced|
|Sliced black olives (optional)|
|Non-Stick Cooking Spray|
- In a skillet brown your ground beef with onions and garlic, salt and pepper to taste, drain, add taco seasoning packet and 1/4 cup water and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Set Aside.
- Spray a small skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place on the stove over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet and let it slightly brown, and flip it to do the other side
- Place them on a paper towel until you’re ready to “build” your pizzas.
- We made 4 pizzas, so you will need 8 tortillas browned on both sides.
- Now it’s time to BUILD your pizzas.
- Place about 1/3 cup of refried beans and top with about 1/2 cup beef mixture, spread to coat.
- Top with other tortilla.
- Place under broiler set on low for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread with 2-3 Tablespoons of salsa/taco sauce.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, green onions and cheese.
- Top with olives.
- Broil on high for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, plate, slice and dig in!
Calories 1078 calories, CarbohydrateContent 74 grams carbohydrates, CholesterolContent 221 milligrams cholesterol, FatContent 51 grams fat, FiberContent 10 grams fiber, ProteinContent 79 grams protein, SaturatedFatContent 22 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, SodiumContent 1619 grams sodium, SugarContent 8 grams sugar, TransFatContent 1 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFatContent 23 grams unsaturated fat