STRAWBERRY-ALMOND CREAM TART RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Jean Kressy
Yield: 10 servings
|36 honey graham crackers (about 9 sheets)|
|2 tablespoons sugar|
|2 tablespoons butter, melted|
|4 teaspoons water|
|⅔ cup light cream cheese|
|¼ cup sugar|
|½ teaspoon vanilla extract|
|¼ teaspoon almond extract|
|6 cups small fresh strawberries, divided|
|⅔ cup sugar|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted|
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare crust, place crackers in a food processor; process until crumbly. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, butter, and water; pulse just until moist. Place mixture in a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray, pressing into bottom and up sides of pan to 3/4 inch. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and extracts in a medium bowl; stir until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over bottom of tart shell.
- To prepare topping, place 2 cups strawberries in food processor; process until pureed. Combine strawberry puree, 2/3 cup sugar, and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook 1 minute. Remove glaze from heat, and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Combine 4 cups strawberries and juice; toss to coat. Arrange berries, bottoms up, in a circular pattern over filling. Spoon half of glaze evenly over berries (reserve remaining glaze for another use). Sprinkle nuts around edge. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- Note: You can use either an 8 x 12-inch rectangular pan or a 9-inch round tart pan. The recipe also works with a 9-inch springform pan and a 10-inch pie plate.
Calories 289 calories, CarbohydrateContent 48.7 g, CholesterolContent 15 mg, FatContent 8.9 g, FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 4.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.2 g, SodiumContent 242 mg
STRAWBERRY-FRANGIPANE TART RECIPE
Yield: 12 servings
- For the crust, pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor to combine. Add cold butter and pulse until mixture forms a fine meal.
- Whisk together egg yolks and cream. With the machine running, pour in the yolk mixture and process just until mixture forms a ball. Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to about ⅛-inch thick; transfer to a 10¼-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Trim overhanging dough to 1-inch, then fold in, pressing into the sides to create a thick edge. Press between edge and base to create a 90° angle. Scrape excess dough away with the back of paring knife. Cover crust with plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- For the frangipane, purée almonds, sugar, flour, and salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Add softened butter, eggs, and almond extract, process until smooth, then evenly spread onto chilled crust. Chill tart until firm.
- Bake tart on a baking sheet until frangipane is golden, about 30 minutes; cool to room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth and place sieve inside a bowl.
- For the gelée, pulse 2 cups strawberries in a food processor until minced; transfer to a bowl, stir in sugar and lemon juice, and let sit 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Strain mixture through prepared sieve (weigh down with a plate and a heavy object), about 30 minutes; discard solids. If necessary, add water to yield 3/4 cup juice; transfer to a small saucepan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over strawberry juice to form the gelée; let sit 5 minutes. Heat mixture over medium until gelatin melts. Cool gelée to room temperature. Reserve 2 Tbsp. gelée. Pour remaining gelée over frangipane and spread to the crust’s edge.
- Halve remaining 2 cups strawberries and arrange on top of gelée; brush with reserved gelée. Chill tart until gelée sets up; serve at room temperature.
ServingSize 12 servings, Calories 383, FatContent 24g, CarbohydrateContent 39g, FiberContent 4g, ProteinContent 6g, SaturatedFatContent 12g, SodiumContent 162mg, CholesterolContent 127mg