NEPALI MOMO RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
|4 cups all-purpose flour|
|2 1/2 pounds ground chicken thighs|
|1 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|1 cup chopped onions|
|4 tablespoons minced garlic|
|4 tablespoons minced peeled ginger|
|2 tablespoons ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|Salt and black pepper|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
- Mix together the flour and 1 1/2 cups room temperature water in a bowl. Knead the dough well until it is medium-firm and flexible. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix together the chicken, cilantro, onions, garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a bowl.
- To make the wrappers: Break off 1/2 ounce of dough and forming it into a ball. Place the ball on a flat surface and roll it into a 4-inch round with a rolling pin. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Spray a steamer pan with cooking spray.
- Place a tablespoon of the chicken filling in the middle of a wrapper. Holding the wrapper in your left hand. Use your right thumb and index finger to start pinching the edges of the wrapper together. Pinch and fold until the edges of the circle close up like a little satchel. Place the momo in the prepared steamer pan. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Fill the steamer pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Set the steamer pan with the momos on top of the pot and cover with a tight lid. Steam the momos until cooked, 8 to 9 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE STEAMED MOMOS, RECIPE BY MASTERCHEF SANJEEV KAPOOR
Categories: Snacks – and – Starters
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|Refined Flour,Oil,Spring onions,Ginger,Green chilli,Fresh button mushrooms,French beans,Carrot,Spring onion greens,Bean sprouts,Salt,Black peppercorns,Light soy sauce,Cornflour/ corn starch,Sesame oil (til oil),|
- Mix refined flour with 5 tbsps of water and knead into a soft dough. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non stick wok. Add spring onions, ginger and green chilli and sauté. And mushrooms, beans, carrot, spring onion greens, bean sprouts, salt, pepper powder, soy sauce and mix well.
- Mix cornflour in ¼ cup water and add. Cook till thick, take the wok off the heat and cool.
- ivide the dough into small balls. Roll in dry flour and roll into small puris keeping the edges thin and the centre thick.
- Place a portion of stuffing in the centre, fold one end over the other and give it a half moon shape. For another gather the edges and seal together. Make another momo in triangle shape.
- Heat water in a deep non stick pan. Line a bamboo basket with cabbage leaves. apply a little sesame oil on the momos and place them over the cabbage leaves.
- Cover and place the basket over the hot water, cover the pan and steam for 8-10 minutes or till done.
Calories 939 calories, CarbohydrateContent 125 carbohydrates, ProteinContent 22.6 proteins , FatContent 37.7 fats, FiberContent Niacin- 4 fibers
PORK MOMOS (NEPALESE DUMPLINGS) RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Romy Gill
Categories: Dinner, Main course, Supper
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 1 hours
Cook time: 20 minutes
|200g plain flour , plus extra for dusting|
|5 tsp sunflower oil|
|150g lean pork mince|
|2 garlic cloves , finely chopped|
|1 small onion , finely chopped|
|2 spring onions , finely chopped|
|2 green chillies , finely chopped|
|1 tbsp coriander leaves , finely chopped|
|1 tsp grated ginger|
|50ml soy sauce|
|1 green chilli , chopped|
|2 spring onions , chopped|
|2 tsp grated ginger|
|½ tsp sugar|
|a bamboo steamer|
- To make the dough, tip the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Add the oil to the flour and combine well with your hands. Slowly add 100ml water and knead the dough until it is stretchy. Cover with cling film and leave the dough to rest.
- Tip all the filling ingredients into a bowl and season with salt. Use your hands to combine thoroughly.
- Divide the dough into 20 balls (each should weigh about 15g). Dust your work surface with flour and roll the balls into thin circles using a rolling pin.
- Spoon about 1 tsp filling in the centre of one circle, then use your thumb and forefinger to pinch together an edge of the dough into a fold.
- Continue to pinch along the edge of the circle and work your way all the way round.
- Bring all the pinched edges of the circle together to cover the filling and twist the top to seal it. Repeat with the rest of the dough and filling.
- Fill a bamboo steamer with water, layer the base with baking parchment and pierce some holes in it.
- Working in two to three batches, place the momos on the baking parchment and steam for 10 mins. They should look transparent and not feel sticky when fully cooked. Keep warm while you steam the rest.
- While the momos are steaming, mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl with 2 tbsp water. Serve the hot momos with the sauce for dipping.
Calories 194 calories, FatContent 4 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 1 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 29 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 3 grams sugar, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 9 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.2 milligram of sodium