HOW TO COOK STEAK IN THE OVEN – BEST PERFECT OVEN-STEAK RECIPE
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: low sugar,nut-free,date night,dinner party,romantic meals,weeknight meals,dinner,main dish,meat
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 1-2 servings
|1 steak, your choice|
|Extra-virgin olive oil|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- For thinner steaks (such as flank or skirt)
- For thicker steaks (such as ribeye or filet mignon)
HOW TO MAKE GREGGS’ STEAK BAKE | BRITISH RECIPES | GOODTO
Provided by: Jessica Ransom
Categories: Lunch, Snack
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|Puff pastry sheet|
|Finely diced beef|
|Cornflour (or plain flour)|
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Fry the beef until browned. Pour in the beef stock and mix in the flour to combine. Simmer until the mixture has thickened then leave to cool.
- Cut two puff pastry rectangles, 108mm x 94mm (for an authentic replica Steak Bake).
Brush the edges of one rectangle with egg, then spoon your beef filling into the middle. Top with the other rectangle of pastry and use a fork to seal the edges. Brush the pastry with egg and score six diagonal lines on the top of the pastry. Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20mins until golden brown, and piping hot.
BAKED STEAK RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|3 lbs beef top round steak|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|2 1/2 cups beef stock|
|3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce|
|1 1/2 lbs sliced onions|
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pound steak to tenderize.
- Dredge both sides in flour, salt and pepper.
- In heavy oven proof skillet heat oil, add steak and brown on both sides, remove add stock, bring to boil, scraping bits off pan.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, more salt and pepper to taste; remove from heat.
- Layer half the onions in pan, add steak, layer rest of onions, broth, spoon some broth on top.
- Bake for 2 hours, covered, basting steak after 1 hour.
- Remove to cutting board and slice.
- Serve with the gravy.
Calories 423.9, FatContent 14.2, SaturatedFatContent 4, CholesterolContent 124.7, SodiumContent 598.4, CarbohydrateContent 16.3, FiberContent 2.1, SugarContent 5.7, ProteinContent 54.9
BAKED STEAK WITH GRAVY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Amy Halstead, Winfield, WV
Yield: Serves 6 to 8.
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|⅛ teaspoon salt|
|⅛ teaspoon pepper|
|6 to 8 beef cube steaks|
|1 teaspoon butter|
|2 10-3/4 oz. cans golden mushroom soup|
|2 ½ cups water|
|4-oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained|
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge steaks in flour mixture. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add steaks and brown on both sides. Arrange steaks in a lightly greased 13″x9″ baking pan; set aside. Combine soup, water and mushrooms. Pour soup mixture over steaks; cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Uncover; bake an additional 15 minutes.