SPAGHETTI AGLIO E OLIO RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Total time: 32 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 pound uncooked spaghetti|
|6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|½ cup olive oil|
|¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley|
|1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese|
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a pasta bowl.
- Combine garlic and olive oil in a cold skillet. Cook over medium heat to slowly toast garlic, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low when olive oil begins to bubble. Cook and stir until garlic is golden brown, about another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt into the pasta. Pour in olive oil and garlic, and sprinkle on Italian parsley and half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese; stir until combined.
- Serve pasta topped with the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Calories 754.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 87.4 g, CholesterolContent 17.6 mg, FatContent 34.5 g, FiberContent 3.9 g, ProteinContent 22.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.5 g, SodiumContent 354.8 mg, SugarContent 3.3 g
SPAGHETTI AGLIO E OLIO RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Ina Garten Bio & Top Recipes
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 pound dried spaghetti, such as DeCecco|
|1/3 cup good olive oil|
|8 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers|
|1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup minced fresh parsley|
|1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons of salt and the pasta and cook according to the directions on the package. Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water before you drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pot large enough to hold the pasta, such as a 12-inch saute pan or a large, shallow pot. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until it just begins to turn golden on the edges-don’t overcook it! Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds more. Carefully add the reserved pasta-cooking water to the garlic and oil and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, add 1 teaspoon of salt, and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by about a third.
- Add the drained pasta to the garlic sauce and toss. Off the heat, add the parsley and Parmesan and toss well. Allow the pasta to rest off the heat for 5 minutes for the sauce to be absorbed. Taste for seasoning and serve warm with extra Parmesan on the side.
SPAGHETTI AGLIO E OLIO | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Katie Hiscock
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
|3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil|
|3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|1/2 small red chilli, finely chopped (optional)|
|a small handful parsley, finely chopped|
- Bring a large pan of well-salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for about 10 mins, or until al dente – it should retain a little bite.
- When the pasta is nearly ready, heat the oil in a frying pan set over a medium heat and sizzle the garlic and chilli, if using, for 1 minute until fragrant and the garlic is lightly golden but not brown (the garlic will taste bitter if it gets too dark).
- Drain the spaghetti and add it to the garlicky oil with the parsley. Season and toss to combine, then serve.
Calories 523 calories, FatContent 18 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 3 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 75 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 3 grams sugar, FiberContent 5 grams fiber, ProteinContent 13 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.02 milligram of sodium
PASTA AGLIO, OLIO E PEPERONCINO RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Mark Bittman
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings.
|2 to 3 whole fresh peperoncini (small red chiles), or small dried red chiles|
|2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley|
|3/4 pound linguine or spaghetti|
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil. Remove the stems of the peperoncini, halve them lengthwise, then slice them into 1/4-inch lengths. Put the oil, garlic and peperoncini in a large deep pan set over medium-high heat, and cook until the garlic is translucent and golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the parsley to the pan, and turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until it is aldente, nearly but not quite done and still a bit chalky in the middle. Drain, and reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- When the oil has cooled for a couple of minutes, add 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water, and reduce over high heat by about half. Add the pasta, and stir vigorously as it continues to cook. Add the reserved pasta water a bit at a time as necessary to finish cooking the pasta, and develop the thickened sauce. Season with salt, and serve.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 641, UnsaturatedFatContent 31 grams, CarbohydrateContent 65 grams, FatContent 37 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, ProteinContent 11 grams, SaturatedFatContent 5 grams, SodiumContent 298 milligrams, SugarContent 2 grams