SOUR CREAM CHICKEN PAPRIKA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: DEME
Categories: Pan Fried Chicken Breasts
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|4 breast half, bone and skin removed (blank)s skinless, boneless chicken breast halves|
|1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|1 ½ tablespoons butter|
|2 tablespoons paprika|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|2 cups chicken stock|
|1 teaspoon all-purpose flour|
|1 (8 ounce) container sour cream|
- You can leave breasts whole or cut them up, whatever your preference. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and pan-fry until cooked through and juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, cook onion in butter until translucent but not brown, about 5 to 8 minutes. Season with paprika and salt. Pour chicken stock into the pan, and bring all to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; mix flour with sour cream until smooth, then whisk into chicken stock. Place chicken in skillet; simmer until chicken is heated through and sauce has thickened.
Calories 363.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 8.6 g, CholesterolContent 104.9 mg, FatContent 23.3 g, FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 30.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 11.3 g, SodiumContent 430.9 mg, SugarContent 2.1 g
PAPRIKA CHICKEN WITH SOUR CREAM GRAVY RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|1/2 cup flour|
|2 teaspoons paprika|
|1 teaspoon salt (optional)|
|1 teaspoon pepper|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|4 boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup|
|1/4 cup sliced green onion|
|8 ounces sour cream|
- In a ziploc baggie, combine flour and seasonings.
- Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Brown chicken in butter, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add soup and onions to skillet.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until internal juices of chicken run clear.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
Calories 486.2, FatContent 31.1, SaturatedFatContent 16.2, CholesterolContent 143.1, SodiumContent 811.2, CarbohydrateContent 21.2, FiberContent 1.3, SugarContent 2.9, ProteinContent 30.3
What vegetable goes with chicken paprikash?
What to Serve with Chicken Paprikash – 8 BEST Side Dishes
Classic Mashed Potatoes. Classic mashed potatoes are made with potatoes, butter, and whole milk. …
Dumplings. Dumplings are an excellent side dish to serve with chicken paprikash. …
Almond Rice Pilaf. …
Cheesy Bread. …
Roasted Green Beans. …
Egg Noodles. …
Roasted Carrots. …
Bread Dumplings. …
What to serve with chicken paprikash?
What Would Be Good With a Chicken Paprika Meal?
Spaetzle. The traditional noodle served with Hungarian chicken paprikash is spaetzle. …
Vegetables. A plain green vegetable such as peas, broccoli or Brussels sprouts is a good side dish with a full-flavored chicken paprika dish.
Salads. Balance a heavy chicken paprika dish made with sour cream and rich ingredients with a light salad. …
How do you make chicken paprikash?
Heat the oil (over medium heat) in a deep stockpot and add the onions, Cook them until soft and translucent, then add the paprika.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. …
Carefully pour in the tomatoes and chicken broth.
Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour. …
After the chicken cooks, remove it from the pan and set it aside.
How to make chicken paprikash?
Heat oven to 400. …
Pour off all but a tablespoon or 2 of the accumulated fat in the pot. …
Add tomatoes and broth, whisk until smooth and then nestle the chicken back in the pan, skin-side up. …
Meanwhile, set a large pot of heavily salted water to boil over high heat. …