SOFT CHEESE TACOS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Janet Casey
Categories: Mexican Recipes
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 tacos
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, or more to taste|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|4 cups shredded American cheese|
|1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes|
|1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers|
|½ teaspoon ground cumin|
|½ teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|12 corn tortillas, warmed|
|3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat butter in a pot over medium-low heat. Cook and stir onion and jalapeno pepper in the hot butter until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic to onion mixture and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk chicken broth and cornstarch together in a bowl until smooth; pour into the onion mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until broth thickens, about 2 minutes. Reduce temperature to low and slowly stir American cheese, 1/4 cup at a time, into broth mixture until cheese is completely melted and sauce is smooth, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir diced tomatoes, green chile peppers, cumin, and cayenne pepper into cheese sauce and keep pot over low heat. Divide cheese sauce in half, reserving 1/2 of the sauce for another use.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese down the center of 1 tortilla and roll tortilla around cheese. Place rolled tortilla, seam-side down, in a baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and Cheddar cheese. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove foil and pour the reserved 1/2 of the cheese sauce over tacos.
Calories 704.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 34.4 g, CholesterolContent 141.8 mg, FatContent 47.9 g, FiberContent 4.7 g, ProteinContent 35.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 29.4 g, SodiumContent 2113.7 mg, SugarContent 4.9 g
CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN TACOS | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Amy H. @Meave
Categories: Tacos & Burritos
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|1 package(s) (8 oz.) cream cheese|
|2 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|2 cup(s) deli rotisserie chicken, or leftover roast/baked chicken shredded|
|1 bunch(es) green onion, thinly sliced|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) salt|
|1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper|
|1 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese|
|10 medium corn tortillas|
|– canola oil for frying|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- While oven is preheating, heat about a tablespoon of oil in a skillet. Fry tortillas, 1 at a time over medium heat until just very lightly browned. Repeat with all tortillas. Use more oil as needed. Set aside on a wire rack or paper towels to drain.
- Place the cream cheese in a sauce pan over low heat, Stir until cream cheese is completely melted.
- Add the shredded chicken, garlic, green onion, and cheddar cheese. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir until well combined.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly between each shell. Place the taco shells in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the shells are starting to brown well.