MARINATED BONELESS, SKINLESS SMOKED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE …
Provided by: John Somerall
Categories: Chicken Thighs
Total time: 4 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 55 minutes
Yield: 8 chicken thighs
|½ cup soy sauce|
|½ cup dark brown sugar|
|cup 1/4 cup hot honey (such as Mike’s Hot Honey®)|
|1 large shallot, finely chopped|
|6 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs|
|2 teaspoons cornstarch|
|2 teaspoons water|
|2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|2 teaspoons ground black pepper|
- Whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, hot honey, shallot, garlic, and chili powder in a medium bowl. Combine hot honey mixture and chicken thighs in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and gently massage to work marinade into thighs. Chill in a refrigerator, at least 2 hours, or up to 8 hours.
- Prepare a smoker according to manufacturer’s instructions, bringing internal temperature to 225 to 250 degrees F (107 to 120 degrees C); maintain temperature for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chicken thighs from marinade, and pat dry with paper towels; do not discard marinade.
- Stir together cornstarch and water in a small metal bowl until combined.
- Strain marinade through a fine-mesh strainer into a small saucepan; whisk in cornstarch mixture. Bring marinade mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking frequently. Reduce heat to low and cook, whisking occasionally, until sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes. Set sauce aside to cool at room temperature.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs evenly with salt and pepper.
- Smoke chicken thighs, maintaining temperature inside smoker, until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours, brushing chicken thighs with reserved sauce every 15 minutes after the first hour of smoking. Transfer chicken thighs to a plate or platter and serve immediately.
Calories 307.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 18.2 g, CholesterolContent 105.1 mg, FatContent 12.2 g, FiberContent 0.7 g, ProteinContent 30.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.4 g, SodiumContent 1494.8 mg, SugarContent 13.9 g