FRIED MAC & CHEESE BITES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
This is not your ordinary appetizer! Make a fresh batch of macaroni and cheese or use leftovers. Either way, it’s an appetizer that will have everyone talking. vichy citron recettes.
Provided by: MyRecipes
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
|Macaroni and Cheese:|
|1 ½ cups elbow macaroni, uncooked|
|3 tablespoons Crystal Farms® Butter, unsalted|
|1 tablespoon all-purpose flour|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|1 cup 2% milk|
|1 ½ cups Crystal Farms Shredded Mac & Cheese|
|nonstick cooking spray as needed|
|¼ cup all-purpose flour|
|2 large eggs, beaten|
|¾ cup plain breadcrumbs|
|vegetable oil as needed|
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly.
- Slowly whisk in milk into the flour mixture, whisking constantly, until sauce is smooth. Bring sauce to a boil; reduce to low heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in the shredded Mac & Cheese blend. Continue to cook, while stirring, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and fold the pasta into the cheese sauce.
- Spray 6-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon macaroni and cheese into pan; packing it down slightly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until macaroni and cheese is completely cooled.
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Cut chilled macaroni and cheese into 16 pieces, cutting pan 4x
- Dredge each macaroni and cheese bite as follows: First coat bite lightly with flour, then dip in eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook about half of the bites at one time, frying bites for 1-1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Drain bites on paper towels. Serve immediately.