SESAME PRAWN TOAST RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Diana Henry
Categories: Side dish, Snack, Starter, Treat
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|200g prawns, peeled and cleaned|
|1 garlic clove, roughly chopped|
|1 tsp finely grated ginger|
|1 egg white|
|½ tsp golden caster sugar|
|1 tsp light soy sauce, plus extra to serve|
|2 spring onions, very finely chopped|
|3 slices white bread, crusts removed|
|sesame oil, for brushing|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
|100g sesame seeds|
|groundnut or sunflower oil, for shallow frying|
- Put the prawns, garlic, ginger, egg white, sugar and soy in a food processor and blitz to a paste. Stir in the spring onion. Scrape into a bowl, cover and chill for 30 mins.
- Brush one side of each piece of bread with sesame oil. Spread the prawn mixture on top, taking it right to the edges of the bread. Brush the beaten egg carefully over the top and sides and sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds so they stick all over.
- Heat 2-3cm oil in a sauté pan or deep frying pan until hot, and cook each piece of bread (it’s easier to cook one at a time), unspread-side down for 1½ mins, then carefully turn over and cook for 1-2 mins on the prawn side or until the sesame seeds are golden and the prawn paste cooked through. Cut each piece into four triangles. Serve with soy sauce (or a sweet & sour sauce) for dipping, if you like.
Calories 372 calories, FatContent 27 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 5 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 11 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 1 grams sugar, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 19 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.7 milligram of sodium
PRAWN TOAST | CHINESE RECIPES | GOODTO
Provided by: Jessica Dady
Categories: Snack, Starter
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes: 8
|175g raw prawns, roughly chopped|
|½ garlic clove, roughly chopped|
|½ tsp ginger, peeled and chopped|
|1 small egg white, beaten|
|1 spring onion, chopped|
|1 tsp light soy sauce|
|4 slices of bread (crusts removed), or 8 rounds of French stick|
|2 tsp sesame oil|
|1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds|
|Sweet chilli sauce, to serve (optional)|
- Whizz the prawns, garlic, ginger, egg white, spring onions and light soy sauce to a paste in a food processor. Chill the prawn paste in the refrigerator for at least 20 mins
- Toast the bread on one side, then lightly brush the untoasted side with the sesame oil
- Spread the prawn paste evenly over the toasted side of the bread and sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Place the toasts on an oven rack and cook in a preheated oven, 240ºC/475ºF/ gas mark 9, for about 10 mins or until the prawn paste is cooked and the toasts are crisp and browned. If using bread slices, cut in half diagonally. Serve with some sweet chilli sauce for dipping, if liked.
CHINESE PRAWN TOAST | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: lutzflcat
Categories: Chinese Recipes
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
|8 ounces prawns, peeled and deveined|
|2 tablespoons sliced water chestnuts, drained|
|2 tablespoons green onions, chopped|
|2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon white sugar|
|1 large egg white|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon rice vinegar|
|½ teaspoon sesame oil|
|½ cup vegetable oil for frying|
|6 slices white sandwich bread|
|2 teaspoons black sesame seeds|
|2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce|
- Add prawns, water chestnuts, green onions, ginger root, garlic, salt, and sugar to a food processor.
- Whisk egg white, cornstarch, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil together in a small bowl and drizzle over the top of the shrimp mixture. Pulse until smooth, but not pureed, into a prawn mousse.
- Trim crusts off the bread and equally spread the prawn mousse all the way to the edge of each bread slice. Cut diagonally into 12 halves, and lightly sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Add oil to a 10-inch skillet so that it’s about 1/2 inch deep, and heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) over medium-high heat. Add 4 of the toasts, prawn-side down, not crowding the pan.
- Fry until toast is golden brown, 30 to 45 seconds; flip and cook bread side for another 15 seconds. The toasts cook very quickly, so keep your eye on them. Repeat for next batch.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined rack and serve warm with sweet chili sauce.
Calories 153.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 8 g, CholesterolContent 25.7 mg, FatContent 11.8 g, FiberContent 0.4 g, ProteinContent 4.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.7 g, SodiumContent 204.6 mg, SugarContent 1.5 g