ARROZ CON MARISCOS: PERFECT PERUVIAN SEAFOOD PAELLA – EAT PERU
Provided by: Eat Peru
Categories: Lunch,Main Course
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 39 minutes
|½ pound seafood mix (fresh, if possible)|
|6 large scallops|
|6 clams or mussels|
|1/2 pound squid|
|1 small crab|
|3 pounds white long-grain rice (cooked)|
|1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)|
|1 tablespoon garlic paste|
|1 onion (red, finely chopped)|
|1 medium tomato|
|1 small red bell pepper (diced)|
|1/2 cup peas|
|3 tablespoons ají panca chilli paste|
|3 tablespoons ají amarillo chilli paste|
|3 tablespoons tomato paste|
|4 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 1/2 cup crab and mussel broth (or seafood broth)|
|Salt and pepper (to taste)|
- Place the crab and the mussels in a pot and fill with cold water until just covered. Boil for 15 minutes. Set aside, reserve the broth to use later.
- Place the seafood mix, scallops and squid into an empty pot, cover with boiling water and let it soak in the water for 5 minutes. Remove the water. (It’s very important to only let it sit for 5 minutes, if you leave it for longer the texture of the seafood and squid especially can become rubbery.)
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat, add the olive oil and fry the chopped onion, ají panca chilli paste, ají amarillo chilli paste, tomato or red bell pepper and tomato paste.
- Fry for 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the seafood to the mix
- Add seafood broth and cook for 10-12 minutes over medium heat.
- Put this seafood mixture in a large pot with the previously cooked rice, stirring it well to ensure all of the ingredients are evenly distributed and the flavor of the sauce has soaked into the rice.
- Place generous portions on each diner’s plate, each with half a lime and some chopped parsley sprinkled on top. We hope you enjoy your Peruvian arroz con mariscos!
ServingSize 453 g, Calories 1606 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 299 g, ProteinContent 52 g, FatContent 20 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 g, CholesterolContent 276 mg, SodiumContent 916 mg, FiberContent 12 g, SugarContent 8 g