RIGATONI WITH RICOTTA CHEESE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 1 casserole, 6-8 serving(s)
|1 (16 ounce) box rigatoni pasta|
|1 (15 ounce) ricotta cheese|
|3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 tablespoon parsley, dried|
|3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided|
|2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce, barilla al forne divided|
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 9×13-inch pan with Pam.
- Cook rigatoni as per directions on package; drain.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl.
- Stir in ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- To assemble casserole:.
- Spread 2 cups pasta sauce to cover bottom of pan.
- Place 1/2 of the cooked rigatoni over sauce; top with 1/2 the ricotta mixture dropped by spoonfuls.
- Layer 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 2 cups pasta sauce, remaining rigatoni, and remaining ricotta mixture.
- Top with 1 cup mozzarella, remaining pasta sauce then the last 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 60-70 minutes until bubbly.
- Uncover and continue cooking for another 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Calories 848.7, FatContent 36.6, SaturatedFatContent 17.9, CholesterolContent 227.2, SodiumContent 1825.8, CarbohydrateContent 86, FiberContent 3.5, SugarContent 24.3, ProteinContent 43.2
RIGATONI WITH RICOTTA | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Ellen Bales @Starwriter
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 5 minutes
|1 package(s) (16 oz.) rigatoni|
|2 – eggs|
|15 ounce(s) ricotta cheese|
|3/4 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese|
|1 tablespoon(s) dried parsley|
|2 jar(s) (26 oz.ea.) marinara sauce, divided|
|3 cup(s) (12 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided|
- Cook the rigatoni according to package directions; drain.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Stir in ricotta, Parmesan and parsley.
- Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Layer in pan, 2 cups marinara sauce to cover bottom of pan; half of cooked rigatoni over sauce; top with half of ricotta mixture, dropped by spoonfuls; 1 cup mozzarella; 2 cups marinara sauce; remaining rigatoni and ricotta mixture; top with 1 cup mozzarella; remaining marinara sauce; and remaining 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Bake, covered with foil, in a preheated 375-degree oven for 60-70 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
CLASSIC “STUFFED RIGATONI” RECIPE – COMFORTABLE FOOD
Provided by: Ben Rayl
Total time: 70 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 pound rigatoni pasta|
|1 cup parmesan (finely grated)|
|1 container ricotta (8 oz)|
|1 cup mozzarella (finely grated)|
|1/2 cup parmesan (finely grated)|
|2 eggs (beaten)|
|1 tsp parsley|
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|1 pound ground turkey (or beef)|
|3 cloves garlic (minced)|
|2 tbsp italian herbs|
|1 tsp red pepper crushed|
|2 cans tomatoes (14 oz cans with juices crushed)|
|1 1/2 cups mozzarella (shredded)|
|salt and pepper (to taste)|
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Cook the rigatoni in boiling water, about 1 minute less than package directions. Drain then toss with the parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- Lightly oil a 9″ springform pan and pack the rigatoni in tightly, standing on their ends.
- to make the filling:
- to make the sauce:
Calories 776 kcal, SugarContent 3 g, SodiumContent 823 mg, FatContent 33 g, SaturatedFatContent 18 g, TransFatContent 1 g, CarbohydrateContent 62 g, FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 57 g, CholesterolContent 186 mg, ServingSize 1 serving