MEXICAN RED BEANS (CROCK POT) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 120 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1
Yield: 10 serving(s)
|1 lb dried red beans or 1 lb pinto beans|
|2 cups water|
|2 cups hot water|
|1 large onion, coarsely chopped|
|1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|1/4 lb bacon, chopped (optional)|
- Sort beans and wash under running water.
- Place beans in a large pan and bring to a boil.
- Boil 10 minutes, drain.
- Place the precooked beans in a crock pot adding water and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 hours, turn down to low and continue to cook for 8 hours.
- During cooking add additional hot water if needed.
Calories 27.7, FatContent 0.3, SaturatedFatContent 0.1, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 473.5, CarbohydrateContent 5.1, FiberContent 0.8, SugarContent 1.8, ProteinContent 2.5