COLD SMOKED CHEESE | TRAEGER GRILLS
Infuse rich hardwood flavor into your cheese of choice by cold smoking it on the Traeger. Pair with crackers, wine or pickled vegetables for the perfect snack. recette de quinoa en salade recettes.
Provided by: Traeger Kitchen
Prep time: 5 minutes00S
Cook time: 2 hours 0 minutes00S
|8-oz block of cheese, such as mozzarella, Provolone, or cheddar|
|Crackers, for serving|
|Pickled vegetables, for serving|
|Wine, for serving|
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger temperature to 165°F and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Place a half-size (12 x 10-inch) pan in center of a full-size (12 x 20-inch) pan. Fill the full-size pan around the half-size pan with ice, all the way to the rim.
- Set a wire rack or a layer of toothpicks in the half-size pan, then lay the cheese on top. Place the pan on the grill. Close the lid and smoke the cheese for 1 hour. Open the grill and flip the cheese over. Add more ice to the full-size pan, close the grill again, and continue smoking for 1 hour more.
- Remove the cheese from the grill and wrap in parchment paper. Refrigerate the cheese for 2-3 days to allow the smoke flavor to mellow.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheese from the refrigerator, unwrap, and slice. Serve with your favorite crackers, pickled vegetables, and wine. Enjoy!