BLUE CORN TORTILLAS RECIPE + VIDEO – MARICRUZ AVALOS KITCHEN BLOG
Provided by: Maricruz
Categories: basic recipes
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|1 ¼ cup blue corn masa harina|
|water (as needed)|
- Heat a cast iron skillet or a comal over medium heat. Prepare a clean kitchen towel to wrap tortillas to keep them warm and cut 2 plastic sheets about 10×10-inch (25×25 cm) each.
- In a medium bowl add masa-harina and start adding water while mixing with your hands until combined.
- Knead for a minute or two, adding a little more water if needed, until a non-stick y and soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Form balls and cover them with a damp kitchen towel to prevent dough from drying.
- Place one of the balls onto one of the sheets and press it a bit with your fingers to make a patty.
- Cover with the other plastic sheet and then place over a heavy baking dish pressing firmly to shape a 6-inch (15cm) round tortilla.
- Gently remove the plastic on each side of the tortilla, placing it carefully on your hand.
- Lay the raw tortilla on the hot skillet/comal and cook for about 40-45 seconds, then flip it up and cook for another 45 seconds.
- Turn the blue tortilla over again and cook for another 15 seconds, until it begins to puff.
- Place the blue corn tortilla between a kitchen towel to keep it warm. Repeat the steps with the remaining dough.
Calories 65 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 14 g, ProteinContent 2 g, FatContent 1 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 1 mg, FiberContent 1 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PURPLE CORN FLOUR TORTILLA | BELLA BONITO
Provided by: Bella Bonito
Total time: 1 hours 4 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 1/2 cup of purple corn flour|
|1 cup of tapioca flour|
|1 Tbl of sea salt|
|1 cup of hot water|
|1 cup of Greek style yogurt (whole milk)|
|1/4 cup of lemon juice|
|salt and pepper|
|1 pinch of cayenne pepper|
|1 Tbl olive oil|
|Hand full of cilantro|
- Put purple corn flour in medium size bowl. Add boiled water, stir well and let it sit for 10 minutes. Add tapioca flour and salt. Mix it well and flour the board with plenty of flour. Knead the dough for 5 minutes or so and divide into about 10 balls. Roll out each ball as thin as 3-5 mm and bake them both sides with high heat for about 3 min each side.Wrap it with grilled chicken, greek salad and tzatziki sauce to serve.
BEST CRUNCHY TORTILLA FISH STICKS WITH PURPLE CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE
Provided by: WOMANSDAY.COM
Categories: gluten-free,heart-healthy,30-minute meals,dinner
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 0S
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|1 navel orange|
|1/4 c. fresh lime juice|
|2 tsp. sugar|
|1/2 c. sour cream|
|2 carrots, coarsely grated|
|1 small red onion, finely chopped|
|1/2 small red cabbage (about 1 lb), cored and shredded|
|1 1/2 lb. tilapia fillets|
|4 c. tortilla chips, crushed|
|1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped|
|Lime wedges and hot sauce, for serving|
- Heat oven to 425°F. Finely grate 1 tsp zest from orange into a large bowl, then squeeze in juice (about 1/3 cup). Whisk in lime juice, sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to dissolve; whisk in sour cream. Transfer 1/2 cup mixture to a shallow bowl and whisk in 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside. Add carrots, onion, and cabbage to the large bowl and let sit, tossing occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Cut tilapia into large chunks. Dip fish in reserved sour cream mixture and then in crushed chips, pressing gently to help them adhere.
- Transfer fish chunks to the baking sheet and cook until light golden brown and opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes. Fold cilantro into slaw and serve with fish, lime wedges, and hot sauce if desired.
TORTILLA SOUP | PLANT-BASED RECIPES
Provided by: Purple Carrot
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
|1 dried ancho chile|
|2 garlic cloves|
|13.4 oz pinto beans|
|2 tsp cumin|
|1 tsp Mexican oregano|
|14.5 oz crushed tomatoes|
|½ cup corn kernels|
|3 corn tortillas|
|¼ oz fresh cilantro|
|3 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*|
|For full ingredient list, see Nutrition|
- 1 – Prep the vegetables.
- 2 – Cook the aromatics.
- 3 – Thicken the soup.
- 4 – Fry the tortillas.
- 5 – Prepare the avocado.
- 6 – Serve.
Calories 560 cal, FatContent 16 g