HOMEMADE SUSHI RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: 1ORANGE1
Categories: Spicy Appetizers
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 cut rolls
|1 ⅓ cups water|
|⅔ cup uncooked short-grain white rice|
|3 tablespoons rice vinegar|
|3 tablespoons white sugar|
|1 ½ teaspoons salt|
|4 sheets nori seaweed sheets|
|½ pound imitation crabmeat, flaked|
|1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and sliced|
|½ cucumber, peeled, cut into small strips|
|2 tablespoons pickled ginger|
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot; stir in rice. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Mix rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Gently stir into cooked rice in the pot and set aside.
- Lay nori sheets on a baking sheet.
- Heat nori in the preheated oven until warm, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Center 1 nori sheet on a bamboo sushi mat. Use wet hands to spread a thin layer of rice on top. Arrange 1/4 of the crabmeat, avocado, cucumber, and pickled ginger over rice in a line down the center. Lift one end of the mat and roll it tightly over filling to make a complete roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Use a wet, sharp knife to cut each roll into 4 to 6 slices.
Calories 152.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 25.8 g, CholesterolContent 5.7 mg, FatContent 3.9 g, FiberContent 2.4 g, ProteinContent 3.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.6 g, SodiumContent 702.5 mg, SugarContent 7.4 g