MEAL PREP INSTANT POT SHREDDED CHICKEN RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK …
Cook a couple of pounds of chicken at the start of the week, shred it up, and you have the base for an infinite number of quick and easy meals. This version of the meal prep staple (usually so bland, so blah) is so flavorful, you don’t need to do much– or really anything– to dress it up. But if you want to, we have plenty of ideas. recette quiche champignons recettes.
Provided by: Food Network Kitchen
Total time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: about 3 cups
|2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs|
|2 teaspoons garlic salt|
|2 teaspoons sweet paprika|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Toss the chicken with the garlic salt, paprika, onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper until evenly coated.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot® and add 1 cup of water. Put the chicken on the rack. Follow the manufacturer’s guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set to pressure cook on high for 7 minutes (see Cook’s Note). After the pressure-cook cycle is complete, follow the manufacturer’s guide for quick release and wait until the quick-release cycle is complete. Being careful of any remaining steam, unlock and remove the lid. Transfer the chicken to a large bowl and shred with two forks, reserving liquid in the pot. Remove the rack.
- Set the pot to saute on high and bring the remaining liquid to a boil. Let cook (uncovered) until reduced back to 1 cup, about 5 minutes. Pour the liquid over the shredded chicken and toss to combine.
- The chicken will keep up to 4 days. Let cool completely before refrigerating.
- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches: Toss the cooked chicken with your favorite BBQ sauce and serve as sandwiches topped with store-bought coleslaw.
- Chicken Tacos: Stir jarred salsa into the cooked chicken and serve in softened corn or flour tortillas with your favorite toppings.
- Pizza Pockets: Spoon jarred pizza sauce over pizza dough and top with the cooked chicken, pepperoni and shredded mozzarella before baking.
- Teriyaki Bowls: Mix the cooked chicken with teriyaki sauce and serve on top of rice with a side of steamed broccoli.