RED WINE GLAZED MUSHROOMS AND POTATOES
|1 cup sliced Yukon gold potatoes|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|2 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 shallot (finely sliced)|
|2 cloves garlic (finely sliced)|
|1 pound assorted mushrooms (cut into bite sized pieces)|
|[1/2] cup Barefoot Wine Cabernet Sauvignon|
|2 tablespoons plain goat cheese|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives|
|Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste|
- Place the potatoes in a small pot of water and bring to a boil. Once the potatoes are fork tender, drain them off from the water and set them aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the butter and olive oil to the hot skillet and let the butter melt.
- Once the butter has melted, add the shallot and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms to the onion and garlic mixture and stir to coat in the oil mixture. Cook the mushrooms, over medium high heat, sautéing frequently for 15 minutes until they are golden brown and caramelized. Add the potatoes and stir for 3-4 minutes more.
- Add the Barefoot Wine Cabernet Sauvignon and let it cook for 3-4 minutes until the wine has reduced and the vegetables are coating in a red wine glaze.
- Add the goat cheese and chives and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
RED WINE POTATOES | POTATOES “AFELIA” | GLOBAL TABLE ADVENTURE
In Cyprus, the most popular variants include mushrooms, potatoes, and artichoke hearts (all of which are vegan).
Most recipes add a sprinkling of coriander seeds at the end of cooking (ground or cracked is best).
Provided by: Sasha Martin
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 4 people
|2 lbs fingerling potatoes|
|1/2 cup red wine|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|ground coriander (, to taste)|
- Preheat the oven to 375F
Meanwhile, rinse and slit the potatoes (about 4 slits per potato – this allows the wine and oil to seep in and flavor them)
- Douse with olive oil. Don’t be shy. Some recipes I saw from Cyprus and Greece actually cover these with oil.
- Ad red wine and seasoning.
- Roast for 1 – 1 1/2 hours, or until soft on the inside and a bit crusty on the outside. Turn once or twice while roasting.
- When serving, be sure to scrape up any crusty bits and toss with potatoes. Then, sprinkle on some coriander seeds and enjoy with Roast Lamb Shanks and good friends.
POTATOES IN RED WINE WITH ROSEMARY RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Marian Burros
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
|1 pound new potatoes|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|4 ounces whole onion or 3 ounces chopped ready-cut onion (1 cup)|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs to yield 1 tablespoon chopped leaves|
|1/2 cup dry red wine|
|2 tablespoons red wine vinegar|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- Scrub potatoes. Do not peel; slice in food processor.
- Heat nonstick pan large enough to hold all the ingredients, until it is very hot. Reduce heat to medium high. Add oil, and cook potatoes, turning often to brown on both sides.
- Chop onion, and add to potatoes as they cook.
- Chop rosemary leaves, and stir into potato mixture.
- When potatoes are brown, reduce heat to simmer. Add the wine and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and cook until potatoes and onions are soft.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 312, UnsaturatedFatContent 6 grams, CarbohydrateContent 47 grams, FatContent 7 grams, FiberContent 6 grams, ProteinContent 5 grams, SaturatedFatContent 1 gram, SodiumContent 311 milligrams, SugarContent 5 grams