PORTUGUESE-STYLE PORK AND CHORIZO STEW | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
From Allrecipes UK panier fruits.
Provided by: Daily Inspiration S @DailyInspiration
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 15 minutes
|1 1/4 pound(s) pork, cut into large cubes|
|– olive oil|
|1 large (or 2 medium) onions, diced|
|2 clove(s) garlic, roughly chopped|
|1 – chorizo sausage, peeled and sliced|
|2-3 – potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks|
|1 1/2 tablespoon(s) smoked paprika|
|2 ounce(s) dry sherry|
|2 ounce(s) chicken stock|
|1 – glassful red wine|
|1 – 14-oz. chopped tomatoes|
|1/2 can(s) butter beans|
|1 teaspoon(s) oregano|
|1 1/2 tablespoon(s) tomato puree|
|– salt and pepper to taste|
- Begin by heating your pan over medium to high heat and add some oil. Add the pork and brown all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook gently for a few minutes.
- Add the chorizo, potatoes and paprika. Stir well for a few minutes. Add the sherry, stock and wine and bubble for a minute.
- Return the pork to the pot and add all the other ingredients. Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, until pork is tender, about 1 hour. Remove the lid towards the end to thicken the sauce. Would also be easily adapted for a slow cooker.
PORTUGUESE PORK STEW RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Total time: 2 hours 25 minutes
|4 Tbsps olive oil|
|6.5 cups stewing Pork (diced)|
|3 garlic cloves (crushed)|
|4 onions (finely chopped)|
|2.333 cups tomatoes (peeled and diced)|
|1 Fresh herbs (sage, thyme, bay leaves, marjoram)|
|1.333 cups dry white wine|
|2.667 cups small, waxy potatoes|
|6.5 cups venus clam (or mixed mussels, rinsed in cold salt water)|
|1.333 cups Scallop (shells removed)|
|2 Tbsps parsley (chopped, to garnish)|
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the meat on a high heat. Reduce the temperature and add the garlic, onions, tomatoes and herbs. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Add the wine and braise for approx. 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Cook the potatoes in salt water for 20-30 minutes.
- Discard any open clams and cook the rest in a pot of water until they all open. Discard any that remain closed.
- Sieve the broth that remains and add it to the pork. Drain the potatoes and add them to the pork as well.
- Remove the bunch of herbs and add the scallops in the last 5 minutes of cooking time. After about 3 minutes add the clams.
- Stir well and serve hot, garnished with parsley.