GRILLED CUMIN SPICED PORK TENDERLOIN
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|1/2 tbsp cumin|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2 teaspoon paprika|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 pork tenderloin (about 18 oz)|
- Combine the spices then season the tenderloin all over.
- Preheat the grill to high, or preheat the broiler to high.
- Grill or broil the tenderloin, covered on high 5 minutes on each side, then move to indirect heat if grilling, cover the grill and cook an additional 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway, until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center reads 145°F* (about 22 to 25 minutes total). For a thicker tenderloin, add more time.
- Let the pork rest about 5 minutes before slicing.
ServingSize 3 oz, Calories 162 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 2 g, ProteinContent 27 g, FatContent 5 g, CholesterolContent 81 mg, SodiumContent 351 mg, FiberContent 1 g
BBQ SPICE RUB RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Brenda McGrath
Categories: Homemade Spice Blends
Total time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 1/4 cups
|½ cup brown sugar|
|½ cup paprika|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 tablespoon garlic powder|
|1 tablespoon onion powder|
|1 tablespoon salt|
|1 tablespoon ground black pepper|
|1 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne in a bowl. Store in an airtight container or keep in the freezer in a resealable plastic bag.
Calories 66.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 15.3 g, FatContent 1.1 g, FiberContent 3.3 g, ProteinContent 1.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.2 g, SodiumContent 888.1 mg, SugarContent 10.1 g
How do you cook a pork roast on a Weber grill?
Rub mixture onto all sides of roast. (Do not remove strings until after grilling.) Place roast, fat side up, on grill for indirect cooking. Cover grill; cook 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours 15 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast reads 160°F. Let roast stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
How do you make a dry rub for a pork roast?
Then, whisk together brown sugar, paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, sage, and pepper to make a dry rub. If you don’t have a whisk, use a fork as a substitute. Pat the dry rub into the exterior of the pork roast.
How to cook a pork loin roast on a charcoal grill?
Directions. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain and discard marinade. Grill roast, covered, over indirect heat for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
How to cook pork tenderloin on the grill?
Mix seasonings in small bowl. Coat pork evenly with the rub. Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 3 hours for extra flavor. Grill over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes or until desired doneness, turning occasionally. Let pork stand 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.