SMOKY BEEF & POBLANO CHILI RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
Total time: 30 minutes
|10 ounce Ground Beef|
|1 unit Poblano Pepper|
|2 clove Garlic|
|1 teaspoon Chili Powder|
|1 teaspoon Cumin|
|1 unit Beef Stock Concentrate|
|13.76 ounce Crushed Tomatoes|
|13.4 ounce Kidney Beans|
|1 ounce Cheddar Cheese|
|2 ounce Sour Cream|
|1 unit Yellow Onion|
|1 unit Scallions|
|box Kosher Salt|
|1 teaspoon Olive Oil|
- Prep the ingredients: Chop the scallions, keeping the whites and greens separate. Mince the garlic. Drain and rinse the beans. Core, seed, and remove the white veins from the poblano, then dice into ½-inch cubes. Halve, peel and dice the onion.
- Brown the beef: Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium–high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the pieces, for about 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown and no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook the vegetables: Add the scallion whites, poblano, onion, and garlic to the pan. Cook, tossing, for about 6 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer the chili: Add the stock concentrate, beans, crushed tomatoes, and 1 cup water to the pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. TIP: If you have time, keep it simmering on the stove for longer! It gets better the longer it cooks.
- Plate: Serve the chili divided between bowls with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, the scallion greens, and a dollop of sour cream!
Calories 762 kcal, FatContent 32 g, SaturatedFatContent 14 g, CarbohydrateContent 57 g, SugarContent 12 g, ProteinContent 55 g, FiberContent 18 g, SodiumContent 1321 mg
SMOKY BEEF AND POBLANO CHILI RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
Provided by: Robin Bashinsky
Total time: 85 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups chili)
|2 1/2 pounds 93% lean ground beef, divided|
|3 cups chopped yellow onion (about 2 large)|
|3 cups seeded, chopped poblano peppers (about 3)|
|3 tablespoons chopped garlic|
|3 tablespoons chili powder|
|1 tablespoon chipotle chile powder|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|2 tablespoons unsalted tomato paste|
|1 (12-oz.) bottle Mexican lager|
|4 cups unsalted beef stock, divided|
|2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano|
|3/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|2 (28-oz.) cans whole peeled plum tomatoes, drained and crushed|
|1 cup diced ripe avocado|
|2 tablespoons sliced red Fresno chile (optional)|
- Heat a large Dutch oven over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 1/4 pounds beef to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Place cooked beef in a bowl. Repeat procedure with cooking spray and remaining 1 1/4 pounds beef. Add onion, poblano pepper, and garlic to pan; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return beef to pan. Stir in chili powder, chipotle chile powder, and cumin; cook 1 minute. Add tomato paste and beer, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 2 minutes. Add 3 1/2 cups beef stock to pan; bring to a boil. Combine remaining 1/2 cup beef stock and flour in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in oregano, salt, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Reserve 7 cups chili for Chili Potpie with Cheddar Biscuits and Chili Stroganoff. Divide remaining 6 cups chili among 4 bowls; top evenly with diced avocado, sliced fresh chiles, if desired, and cilantro sprigs.
Calories 395, CarbohydrateContent 24 g, CholesterolContent 95 mg, FatContent 16.6 g, FiberContent 7 g, ProteinContent 37 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.3 g, SodiumContent 524 mg, SugarContent 4 g
CHILI-STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings.
|1 pound lean ground turkey (93% lean)|
|1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided|
|1 medium tomato, finely chopped|
|4 green onions, chopped|
|4 large poblano peppers|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey, crumbling meat, until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Add chili and salt; heat through. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, tomato and green onions., Meanwhile, cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Place on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, cut side down; brush with oil. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes., With tongs, turn peppers. Fill with turkey mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer.
Calories 496 calories, FatContent 30g fat (11g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 134mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 913mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, FiberContent 4g fiber), ProteinContent 40g protein.