MEXICAN PICADILLO RECIPE. EASY AND BUDGET-FRIENDLY – MARICRUZ AVALOS …
Provided by: Maricruz
Categories: main dish
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 ½ lb (700 gr) ground beef (or pork)|
|1 cup green chillies (deseed and cut into stripes)|
|2-3 small (250 gr) tomatoes|
|1 large (150 gr) onion (diced)|
|1 lb (450 gr) potatoes (cut into small cubes)|
|3 Tbsp (40 gr) oil (or lard)|
|1 garlic clove|
|½ tsp cumin|
|1 tsp pepper|
- Make the sauce
- Make Picadillo
Calories 433 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
PICADILLO CON PAPAS/ PICADILLO AND POTATOES – MARISOL COOKS
Provided by: Marisol Chancellor
Prep time: 0 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
|1 lb ground beef|
|1 large potato|
|2 ripe Roma tomatoes|
|1 clove garlic|
|1/2 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- In a blender, blend the tomatoes, onion, garlic, spices, and salt. If the tomatoes are not very ripe you might need to add a little water to make them easier to blend. Set aside.
- In a large skillet cook the meat on medium high heat until cook through.
- Peel the potatoes diced them in about 1/4″ pieces.
- Add them to the meat and sautee for a couple more minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce to the meat and potatoes, stir everything until well combined and cover. Turn the heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes until the potatoes have absorbed most of the sauce and they’re tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
How to make Mexican picadillo recipe?
Instructions Heat oil in a large skillet; once oil is hot add the ground meat to cook. Add the onion and garlic. Now, add the diced tomatoes and Knorr beef bouillon and stir again. Finally, season with salt and pepper and add the chopped cilantro. Mexican Picadillo recipe the easy version Serve with rice and warm corn tortillas.
What is picadillo con papas?
This Picadillo Con Papas recipe works because it is a one pot meal, made on top of the stove in a skillet. It is quick and easy to make and tastes absolutely fabulous with the spicy tomato sauce, meat and potatoes.
What is picadillo meat?
What Is Picadillo? I’ve heard Picadillo described as a Cuban or Mexican Ground Beef Hash. It is true that it is ground beef cooked in a skillet with potatoes. However, I think Picadillo is more like ground beef taco meat, except this taco meat has potatoes, and is a little saucier.
What do you put on a picadillo con papas?
The meat is so flavorful that few toppings are needed, but you can easily top with your favorite taco toppings. Pico De Gallo. A chunky salsa made with fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapeños, and lime juice makes a perfect taco topping or side dish for the Picadillo Con Papas.