THE ULTIMATE HEALTHY PEACH MUFFINS | AMY’S HEALTHY BAKING
Provided by: Amy’s Healthy Baking
|½ tbsp (7g) unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted|
|2 large egg whites, room temperature|
|2 tsp almond extract|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|2 ½ tsp liquid stevia|
|2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|¼ tsp ground nutmeg|
|¼ tsp salt|
|½ cup (120g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt|
|3 tbsp (45mL) distilled white vinegar|
|¾ cup (180mL) nonfat milk|
|2 ¼ cups (270g) white whole wheat flour or gluten-free* flour|
|1 ½ tsp baking powder|
|¾ tsp baking soda|
|1 ¼ cups (250g) diced peaches, drained of excess juice ((see Notes!))|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. (If using liners, then line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, and coat the liners with cooking spray.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter and egg whites. Whisk in the almond extract, vanilla extract, and liquid stevia. Whisk in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir in the Greek yogurt. Stir in the vinegar. Stir in the milk. Add the flour. Sprinkle the baking powder and baking soda on top of the flour (to avoid clumps and make sure the muffins bake evenly!). Stir until just incorporated. Gently fold in the peaches.
- Divide the batter between the prepared paper liners. Bake at 350°F for 22-26 minutes or until the centers feel firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
PEACH YOGURT MUFFINS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Provided by: Land O’Lakes
Categories: Muffin,Peach,Fruit,Breakfast and Brunch
Total time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
|1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter melted|
|2 (6-ounce) containers peach yogurt *|
|1 large Land O Lakes® Egg slightly beaten|
|2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Fat Free Half & Half|
|1/2 teaspoon almond extract|
|1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup slivered almonds, coarsely chopped|
|2/3 cup powdered sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon almond extract|
|2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice|
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place paper baking cups into 12 muffin pan cups or grease cups. Set aside.
- Combine butter, yogurt, egg, fat free half & half and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract in bowl.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture just until moistened. Stir in almonds.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 16-19 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan; remove to cooling rack.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and enough lemon juice for desired glazing consistency. Spoon glaze mixture over warm muffins.
Calories 230 calories, FatContent 10 grams, SaturatedFatContent grams, TransfatContent grams, CholesterolContent 40 milligrams, SodiumContent 230 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 31 grams, FiberContent 1 grams, SugarContent grams, ProteinContent 4 grams