ADOBO MUSHROOM TACOS RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
|1 lb. mixed mushrooms (such as chanterelle, oyster and/or crimini), coarsely chopped|
|2 Tbsp. avocado oil or vegetable oil|
|2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice|
|1 Tbsp. dried oregano|
|1 Tbsp. onion powder|
|2 tsp. garlic powder|
|2 tsp. ground cumin|
|2 tsp. coconut sugar or organic cane sugar|
|2 tsp. Diamond Crystal or 1¼ tsp. Morton kosher salt|
|½ tsp. cayenne pepper|
|Warm small corn tortillas, salsa, store-bought vegan sour cream (optional), sliced radishes, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped cilantro, and lime wedges (for serving)|
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 400°. Toss mushrooms, oil, lime juice, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, coconut sugar, salt, and cayenne in a medium bowl until mushrooms are well coated. Spread mushrooms out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast until golden brown and crisp, 20–25 minutes.
- Build tacos with tortillas, mushrooms, salsa, vegan sour cream (if using), radishes, tomatoes, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
CRISPY MUSHROOM TACOS RECIPE – NYT COOKING
To get vegetarian recipes like this one delivered to your inbox, sign up for The Veggie newsletter.
Provided by: Jocelyn Ramirez
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 large beefsteak tomato, cored and cut into ¼-inch dice|
|1 large ripe Hass avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into ¼-inch dice|
|2 jalapeños, stemmed and finely chopped (seeded if desired)|
|1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped|
|3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)|
|Coarse kosher salt|
|18 ounces oyster mushrooms (from 2 to 3 medium clusters)|
|1/3 cup neutral oil, such as canola|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt|
|12 corn tortillas|
- Make the pico de gallo: Combine the tomato, avocado, jalapeños, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl and season with salt. Gently fold together. Set aside to allow flavors to marry while the mushrooms cook.
- Make the tacos: Tear the oyster mushrooms into bite-size pieces, leaving some mushroom tops whole. To make sure the mushrooms become crisp, cook in two batches: Heat a large cast iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high and coat with half of the oil. Once the oil is hot, add half of the mushrooms in a single layer without crowding the skillet. Cook, stirring every few minutes, until deep golden brown and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate, then repeat with the remaining oil and mushrooms. Return the first batch to the skillet, and add the cumin and salt, and season with pepper. Stir well, then remove from the heat.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, warm the tortillas on a comal or heavy skillet over medium-high heat until soft and pliable. Wrap them in a dish towel to keep them warm until ready to serve. Divide the mushrooms and pico de gallo among the warm tortillas. Serve immediately.
MUSHROOM TACOS RECIPE BY TASTY
Provided by: Rachel Gaewski
Yield: 2 servings
|8 oz cremini mushroom, 1 package|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|⅓ onion, finely chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|black pepper, to taste|
|tortilla, to serve|
- Add mushrooms to food processor and pulse until a crumbly consistency is formed, making sure not to over-pulse.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 8-10 minutes, or until most water has evaporated.
- Add soy sauce, cumin, chili powder and pepper. Sauté for 5 more minutes, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve on warm tortillas with desired taco toppings.
Calories 116 calories, CarbohydrateContent 10 grams, FatContent 7 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 4 grams, SugarContent 3 grams
CHILI-LIME MUSHROOM TACOS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings.
|4 large portobello mushrooms (about 3/4 pound)|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips|
|1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|1 teaspoon grated lime zest|
|2 tablespoons lime juice|
|8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed|
|1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese|
- Remove stems from mushrooms; if desired, remove gills using a spoon. Cut mushrooms into 1/2-in. slices., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms, red pepper and onion until mushrooms are tender, 5-7 minutes. Stir in garlic, seasonings, lime zest and juice; cook and stir 1 minute. Serve in tortillas; top with cheese.
Calories 300 calories, FatContent 14g fat (6g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 30mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 524mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, FiberContent 6g fiber), ProteinContent 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 2 vegetable