MUFFIN-TIN QUICHES WITH SMOKED CHEDDAR & POTATO RECIPE …
Provided by: Carolyn Casner
Categories: Vegetarian Easter Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
|2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 ½ cups finely diced red-skinned potatoes|
|1 cup diced red onion|
|¾ teaspoon salt, divided|
|8 large eggs|
|1 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese|
|½ cup low-fat milk|
|½ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 ½ cups chopped fresh spinach|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the potatoes are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, cheese, milk, pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir in spinach and the potato mixture. Divide the quiche mixture among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
Calories 237.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 10.8 g, CholesterolContent 263.4 mg, FatContent 15.6 g, FiberContent 1.3 g, ProteinContent 13.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.3 g, SodiumContent 494.3 mg, SugarContent 2.9 g
MUFFIN SIZED BREAKFAST QUICHE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8-12 quiche-muffins, 5-7 serving(s)
|1 (10 ounce) bag Baby Spinach|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 tablespoon oil|
|1 cup cheddar cheese|
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease your muffin pan with spray or oil on a paper towel, set aside.
- Saute the Chopped Onions in a pan with the tablespoon of oil, until translucent.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat as if making scrambled eggs. Salt and Pepper eggs to taste.
- Into the greased muffin cups add about 3 or 4 leaves of Spinach. (You probably won’t use the whole bag.).
- Top the Spinach with about a teaspoon each of the sauted Onions.
- Top the onions with about 1 Tablespoon each of the Cheddar Cheese.
- Then ladle enough egg mixture into each muffin cup to fill the tin about 2/3 full.
- Bake your little quiches for 10-20 minutes, (depending on the size of your muffin tin cups.) They should be nicely browned on top, but do not overcook. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Let your quiche-muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Then using a dinner knife, gently run the blade around the perimeter of each muffin to loosen. Then plop them carefully on a plate to finish cooling and serve.
Calories 265.7, FatContent 19, SaturatedFatContent 8, CholesterolContent 358.5, SodiumContent 313.9, CarbohydrateContent 5, FiberContent 1.6, SugarContent 1.6, ProteinContent 18.8
MINI QUICHE LORRAINE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Catherine Parnell-Proulx
Categories: Breakfast Quiche
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
|24 (3 inch) frozen tart shells, thawed|
|6 slices bacon, or more to taste|
|1 cup shredded Swiss cheese|
|2 green onions, diced|
|1 ¼ cups milk|
|1 teaspoon Dijon mustard|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|¼ cup shredded Swiss cheese, or as needed|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange tart shells in 2 muffin tins; line shell each with a layer of pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake shells in the preheated oven until edges of crusts are lightly browned and about 75% cooked, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; crumble when cooled.
- Divide 1 cup Swiss cheese, bacon, and green onions evenly into the tart shells.
- Whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Ladle egg mixture into each tart shell about 2/3 full. Top each tart with the remaining 1/4 cup Swiss cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until egg is set in the middle of each tart and shells are browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
Calories 380.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 39.8 g, CholesterolContent 80 mg, FatContent 20.1 g, FiberContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 10.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.5 g, SodiumContent 400.8 mg, SugarContent 11.6 g