MASHED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH PARMESAN AND CREAM RECIPE – FOOD …
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|1 1/2 kg Brussels sprouts|
|284 ml double cream|
|150 g parmesan cheese, grated|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 175 C or 350°F.
- Clean up the sprouts by removing any outside leaves that look a bit old and then parboil them in unsalted water for about 4-6 minutes.
- Drain and put in a food processor, along with the cream and some salt and pepper.
- Whizz for about 20 seconds until they’re just roughly chopped but not a purée.
- Stir in the parmesan, leaving a bit aside.
- Put in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the top.
- Bake until the top gets a fine, crunchy crust.
Calories 546.5, FatContent 39.4, SaturatedFatContent 23.6, CholesterolContent 132.2, SodiumContent 679.6, CarbohydrateContent 30.2, FiberContent 9.8, SugarContent 6.9, ProteinContent 25.5
BRUSSELS SPROUT AND BACON MASHED POTATOES RECIPE – TABLESPOON …
Provided by: Tablespoon Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes
|5 tablespoons butter|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|2 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts|
|2 3/4 lb Yukon gold potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes|
|1 1/2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)|
|2/3 cup heavy whipping cream|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|6 slices gluten-free bacon, cooked and crumbled|
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Brussels sprouts; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and tender. Transfer to plate.
- Add potatoes and broth to same skillet; heat to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Stir; cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork and most of the broth has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, heat whipping cream, remaining 3 tablespoons butter, the salt and pepper uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes or until hot and butter is melted.
- Remove potatoes from heat; mash in skillet with potato masher. Add cream mixture; continue mashing until light and fluffy. Fold in Brussels sprout mixture and half of the bacon, reserving remaining bacon. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and lightly browned on top. Sprinkle remaining bacon over top of casserole. Let stand 10 minutes before serving
Calories 320 , CarbohydrateContent 35 g, CholesterolContent 45 mg, FatContent 3 1/2 , FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 6 g, SaturatedFatContent 10 g, ServingSize About 3/4 Cup, SodiumContent 540 mg, SugarContent 5 g, TransFatContent 1/2 g
MASHED POTATOES ‘N’ BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Categories: Side Dishes
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings.
|3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and quartered|
|2 cups fresh or frozen brussels sprouts|
|2 garlic cloves, peeled|
|1/2 cup half-and-half cream|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon dried basil|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. , Meanwhile, place 1/2 in. of water and brussels sprouts in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until tender. , Drain potatoes, sprouts and garlic; cool slightly. Place in a food processor; cover and process for 1-2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and process just until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Calories 156 calories, FatContent 5g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 15mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 541mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 3g protein.
BRUSSELS SPROUT MASH RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
Provided by: delicious. magazine
Total time: 0 minutes
Yield: Serves 6-8
|500g Brussels sprouts, prepared|
|25g butter, plus extra to serve|
|75ml double cream|
|Fresh sage, to garnish (optional)|
- Put the sprouts in a large pan of salted water, bring to the boil, then cover until the water comes back up to the boil. Uncover and cook for 5-6 minutes, until the sprouts are tender.
- In a small pan, melt the butter with the cream over a low heat. Drain the sprouts, then whizz in a food processor with the butter, cream and a pinch of pepper.
- Spoon into a serving dish, add a knob of butter and garnish with sage.
Calories 159kcals, FatContent 14.7g (8.8g saturated), ProteinContent 3.2g, CarbohydrateContent 3.7g (2.7g sugar), FiberContent
BEST SMASHED BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE SMASHED …
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: low-carb,low sugar,nut-free,weeknight meals,roasted,side dish
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 6-8 servings
|2 lb. Brussels sprouts|
|2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tsp. freshly chopped thyme|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 c. shredded mozzarella|
|1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan|
|Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl.
- Blanch Brussels sprouts: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts and cook until bright green and very tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts to ice bath to cool then drain.
- On a large baking sheet, toss blanched Brussels sprouts with oil, garlic, and thyme. Using the end of a small glass or mason jar, press down on Brussels sprouts to smash them into a flat patty. Season each smashed Brussels sprout with salt and pepper, then sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- Bake until bottoms of sprouts are crispy and cheese is melty and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Calories 180 calories