MARY BERRY’S LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTO
Provided by: Mary Berry
Categories: Dessert, Snack
Total time: 1 hours 00 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: Serves: 8
|175g caster sugar|
|175g self-raising flour|
|175g softened butter|
|Finely grated zest of 1 lemon|
|¾ level tsp baking powder|
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas 4. Beat together the eggs, flour, caster sugar, butter, baking powder and lemon zest until smooth in a large mixing bowl and turn into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 40 mins, or until golden brown, shrinking away from the sides of the tin and springy to the touch.
- While the cake is still warm, make the lemon drizzle topping. Mix together the sugar and lemon juice, and pour over the warm cake. Leave to cool a little and loosen the sides of the cake, then lift the cake out of the tin. Slice to serve.
@context https//schema.org, Calories 395 Kcal, SugarContent 35 g, FatContent 19 g, ProteinContent 5 g, CarbohydrateContent 50 g
MARY BERRY’S LEMON DRIZZLE TRAYBAKE CAKE RECIPE – BBC FOOD
Equipment and preparation: for this recipe you will need a 30x23cm/12x9in tray bake tin.
Each serving provides 290 kcal, 4g protein, 38.5g carbohydrates (of which 25g sugars), 13.5g fat (of which 8g saturates), 0.7g fibre and 0.6g salt.
Provided by: Mary Berry
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: Makes 16 slices
|225g/8oz butter or baking spread at room temperature, plus extra for greasing|
|225g/8oz caster sugar|
|275g/10oz self-raising flour|
|2 level tsp baking powder|
|4 free-range eggs|
|4 tbsp milk|
|2 unwaxed lemons, finely grated zest only|
|1 heaped tbsp very finely chopped lemon verbena (optional)|
|175g/6oz granulated sugar|
|2 lemons, juice only|
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease the tin with butter and line the base with baking paper.
- Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat for 2 minutes, or until well blended. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes, until the cake has shrunk a little from the sides of the tin and springs back when lightly touched with a fingertip in the centre of the cake.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Mix the sugar with the lemon juice and stir to a runny consistency.
- Leave the cake to cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then lift out, with the lining paper still attached, and place on wire rack set over a tray.
- Brush the glaze all over the surface of the warm cake and leave to set. Remove the lining paper and cut into slices to serve.
Calories 290kcal, CarbohydrateContent 38.5g, FatContent 13.5g, FiberContent 0.7g, ProteinContent 4g, SaturatedFatContent 8g, SugarContent 25g