BASIL MANGO SAUCE RECIPE • CIAOFLORENTINA
Provided by: Florentina
Total time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
|1 large mango|
|1.5 c basil leaves|
|1 clove garlic ((grated))|
|1 lemon ((juiced))|
|1/3 c extra virgin olive oil|
|1 pinch sea salt|
- Peel and slice the mango. Discard the pit.
- Add it together with the olive oil, basil leaves and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth then adjust seasonings to your taste with the sea salt, the grated garlic and more lemon juice if desired.
CHICKEN AND PASTA IN A MANGO CREAM SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: SHAGGYDEE
Categories: Chicken Pasta
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|8 ounces uncooked rigatoni pasta|
|1 tablespoon olive oil, divided|
|2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed|
|1 onion, sliced and separated into rings|
|1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced|
|1 mango – peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese|
|4 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish|
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rigatoni pasta, cook for 8 minutes, until almost done, and drain.
- Heat 1/2 the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet, and cook 10 minutes, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet, and cook the onion and green pepper until tender. Mix in the garlic, ginger, and mango, and continue to cook and stir 5 minutes, or until mango is soft. Gradually mix the heavy cream into the skillet, and cook 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Stir in the partially cooked pasta, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir 2 minutes, until ingredients are well blended and pasta is al dente. Mix in the cheese. Garnish with parsley to serve.
Calories 600 calories, CarbohydrateContent 60.5 g, CholesterolContent 118.6 mg, FatContent 29.4 g, FiberContent 5.4 g, ProteinContent 24.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 15.2 g, SodiumContent 674.9 mg, SugarContent 10.7 g
MANGO TOMATO PASTA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3-4 serving(s)
|8 ounces pasta|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes|
|1/2 teaspoon cumin|
|1 diced jalapeno, if desired|
|1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained|
|1 cup frozen corn|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped|
|1 mango, diced|
- Boil water and add pasta.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan on med heat and add garlic and tomatoes, saute Add cumin and jalapeno if you’d like, continuing on med heat.
- After several minutes, add black beans and corn, continuing on med heat.
- Just as the pasta is about to finish cooking, add the salt, cilantro, and mango to the tomatoes.
- Remove pasta from water and drain.
- You can either plate the pasta and add the tomato mixture on top or add the pasta to the tomatoes in the pan and stir together and then serve.
Calories 679.7, FatContent 12.3, SaturatedFatContent 1.9, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 308.5, CarbohydrateContent 125, FiberContent 17, SugarContent 21, ProteinContent 24
BEST MANGO-TOMATO CHICKEN RECIPE
Provided by: 177MILKSTREET.COM
Total time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
|1 12- to 14-ounce ripe mango, peeled, pitted and finely diced (about 1 cup)|
|1 teaspoon honey|
|2 tablespoons lime juice, divided|
|4 5- to 6-ounce chicken breast cutlets, pounded to an even ¼-inch thickness|
|Kosher salt and ground black pepper|
|2 1/2 teaspoons garam masala, divided|
|3 tablespoons grapeseed or other neutral oil|
|1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped|
|1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger|
|1 jalapeño chili, stemmed and minced|
|1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved|
|1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
- In a small bowl, toss the mango with the honey and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice. Set aside. Season the chicken on both sides with 1½ teaspoons salt and 1½ teaspoons of the garam masala.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the chicken in single layer and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the cutlets and cook until the second sides are golden, another 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Pour off and discard all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the skillet and return the pan to medium. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, the remaining 1 teaspoon garam masala and 2 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits, until the onion has softened, about 4 minutes. Add the ginger and jalapeño, then cook, stirring constantly, until the moisture has evaporated and the mixture begins to stick to the pan, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the mango and its juices. Cover and cook over medium-low, stirring occasionally, until the mango has softened, about 3 minutes. Off heat, stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and the cilantro. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mango-tomato mixture over the cutlets.
PENNE WITH MANGO CHILE SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Marlies Monika
Categories: Pasta Main Dishes
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta|
|3 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 mango – peeled, seeded and diced|
|2 red onions, cut into strips|
|1 small fresh red chile pepper, diced|
|1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes|
|½ cup red wine|
|1 bay leaf|
|2 whole cloves|
|½ cinnamon stick|
|salt to taste|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar|
|1 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|1 (4 ounce) can pitted black olives|
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta, and cook for 9 to 13 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and stir in mango, red onions, and chile pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, until onions are tender. Mix in tomatoes and wine. Stir in the bay leaf, cloves, and cinnamon stick. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, cloves, and cinnamon stick from the mango mixture. Season with salt. Mix in honey and red wine vinegar. Serve over cooked pasta with cilantro and olives.
Calories 469 calories, CarbohydrateContent 78.3 g, FatContent 10.8 g, FiberContent 6.4 g, ProteinContent 12.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.7 g, SodiumContent 463.2 mg, SugarContent 15.4 g