LIVERWURST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Tina
Categories: Ground Pork
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 48 servings
|10 pounds ground pork|
|2 pounds ground pork liver|
|4 onions, minced|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|48 sausage casings|
- Mix together pork, liver, onions, salt and pepper. Put into casings and boil in water for one hour.
Calories 211.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1.2 g, CholesterolContent 90.7 mg, FatContent 13.9 g, FiberContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 19 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.2 g, SodiumContent 52 mg, SugarContent 0.4 g
GERMAN LIVERWURST DIP RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 3/4 cup, approx
|1 cup liverwurst|
|1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup plain yogurt|
|2 tablespoons dried minced onion flakes or 1/4 cup fresh minced onion (red onion could be nice)|
|2 tablespoons dill pickle relish|
|1 tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard, to taste|
|1/4 teaspoon white pepper|
|1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste|
- Blend the liverwurst and sour cream until smooth and creamy (adding extra sour cream to get to your preferred texture)- a food processor works well for this.
- Add all the other ingredients, mixing well, then place in serving bowl.
- Optional: if you want to be really decadent, top it with crumbled bacon.
- May be served at room temperature or chilled; makes about 1 3/4 cups of dip.
- Dippers: cucumber, celery, bell pepper strips, radishes, cauliflower, asparagus, cocktail rye bread, lavasch crackers, Wasa, etc.
Calories 177.1, FatContent 13.4, SaturatedFatContent 7.6, CholesterolContent 34.2, SodiumContent 339.2, CarbohydrateContent 13.6, FiberContent 1.5, SugarContent 4.5, ProteinContent 2.5