CHICKEN SHAWARMA KEBAB SALAD – SKINNYTASTE
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|1 pound 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs|
|1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|Juice from 1 medium lemon|
|3 garlic cloves (minced)|
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|1 teaspoon smoked paprika|
|1/4 teaspoon turmeric|
|1/4 teaspoon curry powder|
|1/8 teaspoon cinnamon|
|Pinch red pepper flakes|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 tablespoon red wine vinegar|
|Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper|
|3 Persian cucumbers (chopped)|
|1 cup 145 g cherry tomatoes, halved|
|1/4 red onion (thinly sliced)|
|1/4 cup feta (the kind that comes in brine, crumbled)|
|4 cups butter lettuce (torn)|
|1 cup Skinny Tzatziki (from my blog)|
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1-inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil and lemon juice. Whisk until combined.
- Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon, red pepper, salt and black pepper and whisk again. Pour the marinade over the chicken making sure it evenly coat (careful it will stain your fingers). Refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-low heat.
- Thread the chicken pieces among 4 wooden or metal skewers, discarding the marinade in the bowl.
- Grill the chicken, turning the skewers occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through in the center, about 15 to 18 minutes.To make the salad:
- For the salad: In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and red onion and toss to combine.
- Divide the lettuce between 4 bowls, top with tomato salad, feta and grilled chicken. Serve with Tzaziki for dipping.
ServingSize 1 salad with 1 kebab, Calories 284 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 11 g, ProteinContent 29 g, FatContent 14 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.5 g, CholesterolContent 115 mg, SodiumContent 514.5 mg, FiberContent 2.5 g, SugarContent 4.5 g
NADIYA HUSSAIN CHICKEN SHAWARMA RECIPE | TIME TO EAT, NETFLIX …
Provided by: Nadiya Hussain
Total time: 1 hours
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: Serves 4
Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C and lightly grease a 900g loaf tin.
For the shawarma, mix together the cornflour, salt, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, cloves, cayenne and cinnamon.
Put the oil into a bowl, then add the chicken and stir it around. Add the dry spice mix and stir to coat all the chicken pieces well. Layer the pieces of chicken in the loaf tin and press down, then bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the slaw. Put the broccoli into a large bowl.
Put the yoghurt into a second bowl and heat the oil in a small pan. As soon as the oil is hot, add the mustard powder and seeds – when the seeds begin to pop, pour the oil and seeds over the yoghurt, add the salt and stir. Pour this dressing over the broccoli, then mix in the parsley.
When the shawarma is ready, leave it in the tin for 10 minutes so that all the juices can go back into the chicken.
Tip it out of the tin and slice your shawarma. We like to eat this piled into flatbreads with the slaw. Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge, or frozen for the next time you need your shawarma fix.
What’s the difference between shawarma, gyro and doner?
Difference between Doner, Gyro and Shawarma
Doner Doner Kebab is a traditional Turkish dish. It is served inside a pide bread ( similar to a pita bread but thicker in texture). …
Gyro Gyro is a traditional Greek dish. It is made similar in nature to the Doner Kebab. …
Shawarma Shawarma is a traditional street food that can be found all over the Middle East as well as the rest of the world. …
How to make the perfect chicken shawarma?
How to Make Chicken Shawarma. 1. In a glass baking dish, mix together the malt vinegar, 1/4 cup yogurt, vegetable oil, mixed spice, cardamom, salt and pepper. 2. Place the chicken thighs into the mixture and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. 3.
Is kebab meat low carb?
Shish Kebab, also known as Shish Kabob, is a keto-friendly, delicious, nutrient-packed meal of grilled meat and vegetables on skewers.Pair it with roasted veggies or a low carb salad for a nutritious, low carb, family meal!
What does kabab mean?
kebab. ( kəˈbæb) n. (Cookery) a dish consisting of small pieces of meat, tomatoes, onions, etc, threaded onto skewers and grilled, generally over charcoal. Also called: shish kebab, kabob or cabob. [C17: via Urdu from Arabic kabāb roast meat]