DETROIT-STYLE PIZZA RECIPE FROM JET’S PIZZA – RECIPES.NET – RECIPES.NET
Provided by: Recipes.net Team
Total time: 2 hours 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|1½ cups water|
|2 tsp active yeast|
|3 tbsp regular full cream or full fat powdered milk|
|4½ cups all-purpose flour|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 tbsp white sugar|
|2 tbsp vegetable oil|
|1½ cups marinara sauce|
|2½ oz cooked and cubed ham|
|2½ oz cooked and cubed bacon|
|2 oz sliced local tomatoes|
|5 oz cut into rings yellow onion|
|1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer’s bowl, add water, yeast, and powdered milk. Mix the ingredients on low speed. Use a whisk to fully combine the ingredients.
- Add in flour, salt, sugar, and vegetable oil. Mix until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- On a flat surface dusted with flour, knead dough until it's springy and soft.
- Sprinkle more flour to keep the dough from sticking to the flat surface.
- Press dough into a square baking pan. You can use a rolling pin to spread the dough, but you can also use your hands to evenly spread the dough.
- Set aside in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours maximum.
- After 1 hour, poke the dough randomly with a fork.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Spread marinara sauce evenly on the dough.
- Top with ham, bacon, yellow onions, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Continue baking for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let it cool, then slice into squares and serve!
Calories 285.00kcal, CarbohydrateContent 41.00g, CholesterolContent 17.00mg, FatContent 9.00g, FiberContent 2.00g, ProteinContent 10.00g, SaturatedFatContent 5.00g, ServingSize 12.00 , SodiumContent 532.00mg, SugarContent 4.00g
JET SWIRL PIZZA APPETIZERS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: JULIE ANNE
Categories: Wraps and Rolls Appetizers
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
|1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough|
|¼ pound Genoa salami, thinly sliced|
|¼ pound pepperoni sausage, sliced|
|¼ pound provolone cheese, sliced|
|½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Roll pizza crust dough into an approximately 10×14 inch rectangle on the baking sheet. Layer with Genoa salami, pepperoni and provolone cheese. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese to within 1/2 inch from edges of the dough. Roll jelly roll style. Seal the edge with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Slice into 1 inch pieces to serve.
Calories 456 calories, CarbohydrateContent 27.6 g, CholesterolContent 69.9 mg, FatContent 27.3 g, FiberContent 0.7 g, ProteinContent 23.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 11.1 g, SodiumContent 1431.9 mg, SugarContent 3.2 g
DETROIT-STYLE PEPPERONI PIZZA RECIPE | JEFF MAURO | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Total time: 2 hours 35 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 batch Pizza Dough, recipe follows|
|8 ounces sliced pepperoni, about 1/8 inch thick (look for smaller-size pepperoni sticks)|
|16 ounces brick cheese (or whole-milk mozzarella), cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Pizza sauce, store-bought or homemade, recipe follows|
|2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|1 teaspoon rapid rise yeast|
|1 teaspoon sugar|
|Olive oil, for oiling the bowl|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes|
|2 teaspoons sugar|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Position an oven rack in the bottom of the oven and preheat to the highest temperature setting, 500 to 550 degrees F.
- Pour the oil in a large, square metal cake pan (or, ideally, an authentic Detroit-style pizza pan). Put the Pizza Dough in the pan and gently stretch it out to fit so the dough reaches the corners. If the dough is being temperamental, set it aside for another 10 minutes to relax and try again.
- Layer the pepperoni on the dough. Then lay the cheese cubes all over, especially around the perimeter up to the edge of the pan (this creates the coveted crispy cheese crust). Dollop the pizza sauce on top in 3 lines.
- Bake in the ultra-hot oven until bubbly and golden and a crispy cheese crust has formed, 10 to 15 minutes. Using a fish spatula, loosen up the edges and place on a cutting board. Slice into squares and serve!
- Put the flour, salt, yeast and sugar in a food processor with a metal blade attachment and pulse to combine. Add 1 cup warm water, then process until a ball forms, about 30 seconds (if a ball does not form, add a bit more flour). Process for another 30 seconds, then roll into a tight ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Proof in a warm spot until the dough doubles in size, about 2 hours.
- Heat a small saucepot over medium heat and add the oil. Add the Italian seasoning and garlic and saute until fragrant; do not let the garlic burn. Add the tomatoes and sugar and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and simmer until concentrated, about 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.