GOLDEN RUM CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Jackie
Categories: Rum Desserts
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 1 10-inch Bundt cake
|1 cup chopped walnuts|
|1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix|
|1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix|
|1 cup dark rum, divided|
|¾ cup water, divided|
|½ cup vegetable oil|
|1 cup white sugar|
|½ cup butter|
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan. Sprinkle chopped walnuts evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Combine cake mix and pudding mix in a large bowl. Mix in eggs, 1/2 cup rum, 1/2 cup water, and oil until well-blended. Pour batter over chopped nuts in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, butter, and remaining 1/4 cup water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens and slightly darkens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1/2 cup rum.
- Let baked cake sit in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. Brush glaze over top and sides. Allow cake to absorb glaze and repeat until all glaze is used.
Calories 561.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 59.2 g, CholesterolContent 83.2 mg, FatContent 29.9 g, FiberContent 1.1 g, ProteinContent 5.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.9 g, SodiumContent 476 mg, SugarContent 41.7 g
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RUM CAKE RECIPE WITH HOMEMADE PASTRY CREAM
Provided by: Nonna Box
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|3/4 cup warm water|
|1 tablespoon dry yeast|
|2 teaspoons sugar|
|2 large eggs|
|1 1/2 Manitoba flour|
|57 grams butter (softened)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Lightly stir the mixture just enough to dissolve the sugar and yeast.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and the yeast mixture and whisk for about two minutes, just enough to mix the gluten.
- Gradually add the butter and continue mixing the batter for a few more minutes, until the butter is well-combined with the batter. Set aside.
- Drain the raisins, but make sure to set aside the rum since you’ll be using it later.
- Add the raisins to the batter. Fold in the raisins to combine it well with the batter.
- Prepare the mold (or molds, depending on the size) by brushing it with melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the mold. Make sure to only fill it halfway. Let it rise for about 20 minutes in a warm area.
- Once it’s doubled in size, bake it for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Note: Halfway through baking, turn the cake around to even out the cooking, in case the oven doesn’t heat up evenly.
- Once it turns golden brown, or when it is dry enough that it easily comes out of the mold, it is done. Set it on a cooling rack.
Calories 583 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 11 g, ProteinContent 13 g, FatContent 54 g, SaturatedFatContent 32 g, CholesterolContent 449 mg, SodiumContent 543 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 8 g, ServingSize 1 serving