CUISINART ICE CREAM MAKER RECIPES
Provided by: Ice Cream From Scratch
Total time: 4 hours 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|4 large egg yolks|
|½ cup granulated sugar|
|1 ½ cups whole milk|
|1 ½ cups heavy cream|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- Chill the Cuisinart ice cream bowl for at least 24 hours or until solid. You should not hear any water sloshing around when you shake the bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and granulated sugar until smooth and pale yellow in color.
- Add the milk to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the milk to a simmer and then remove from the heat. Be sure not to boil.
- Add about ½ cup of the hot milk to the egg and sugar mixture and whisk constantly until combined.Then, add the tempered egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining hot milk.
- Heat the saucepan on low. Stirring constantly, heat until the base has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. This should take a few minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl to remove any pieces of egg that may have cooked.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap making sure to have the plastic wrap touching the surface of the ice cream base. This will help keep it from forming a skin while chilling. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Churn the ice cream mixture in the bowl of your ice cream machine according to the Cuisinart manufacturer’s instructions (mine took about 20 minutes), until it is thick and the consistency of soft-serve ice cream.
- In the last two minutes, add your add-ins and flavors, and churn until they are evenly distributed.
- Spoon the ice cream into a shallow container or a loaf pan. Press plastic wrap or wax paper to the surface of the ice cream. Freeze for at least 4 hours, or until solid. Let sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.
Calories 363 calories, CarbohydrateContent 22 grams carbohydrates, CholesterolContent 228 milligrams cholesterol, FatContent 27 grams fat, FiberContent 0 grams fiber, ProteinContent 8 grams protein, SaturatedFatContent 16 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, SodiumContent 91 milligrams sodium, SugarContent 22 grams sugar, TransFatContent 1 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFatContent 9 grams unsaturated fat
HOW TO MAKE VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: Vanilla Ice Cream
Total time: 2 hours 35 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|¾ cup white sugar|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream|
|2 ¼ cups milk|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
- Stir sugar, cream, and milk into a saucepan over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Heat just until mix is hot and a small ring of foam appears around the edge.
- Transfer cream mixture to a pourable container such as a large measuring cup. Stir in vanilla extract and chill mix thoroughly, at least 2 hours. (Overnight is best.)
- Pour cold ice cream mix into an ice cream maker, turn on the machine, and churn according to manufacturer’s directions, 20 to 25 minutes.
- When ice cream is softly frozen, serve immediately or place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the ice cream and place in freezer to ripen, 2 to 3 hours.
Calories 425.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 45.8 g, CholesterolContent 92.5 mg, FatContent 24.7 g, ProteinContent 5.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 15.4 g, SodiumContent 79.1 mg, SugarContent 44.2 g