MISO AND SOY CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Swest
Categories: Fish Recipes
Total time: 3 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 fillets
|⅓ cup sake|
|⅓ cup mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)|
|⅓ cup miso paste|
|¼ cup packed brown sugar|
|3 tablespoons soy sauce|
|4 (4 ounce) fillets fresh sea bass, about 1 inch thick|
|2 tablespoons chopped green onion|
- Whisk together sake, mirin, miso paste, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a bowl. Place sea bass fillets in a large resealable plastic bag; pour marinade over fillets. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 to 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Prop the oven door to remain slightly ajar.
- Arrange fillets on a baking sheet; discard marinade.
- Broil sea bass in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions to serve.
Calories 286.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 27.9 g, CholesterolContent 47.2 mg, FatContent 3.7 g, FiberContent 1.4 g, ProteinContent 24.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.8 g, SodiumContent 1612.5 mg, SugarContent 22.3 g
MAI TAI – MAMA’S FISH HOUSE
Provided by: kilikini1
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 oz light Rum|
|1 oz pineapple juice|
|1 oz lime juice|
|1 splash orgeat (almond flavored syrup)|
|1 splash simple syrup|
|2 splashes orange curacao|
|2 splashes grenadine or Pomegranite syrup|
|2 ounces dark Rum float on top|
- 1 Pour light Rum on ice in glass. 2 Add juices & orgeat sugar syrup & 1/2 of the curacao, grenadine 3 Float dark Rum and give it one quick stir. 4 Rest or the orange curacao & grenadine splashes. 5 Garnish with a lime wheel, umbrella & cherry, and tropical flower.
Calories 217 calories, FatContent 0.05912 g, CarbohydrateContent 6.62167 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg, FiberContent 0.185800002768636 g, ProteinContent 0.24204 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.004968 g, ServingSize 1 1 Serving (146g), SodiumContent 2.076 mg, SugarContent 6.43586999723136 g, TransFatContent 0.027076 g
MACADAMIA NUT CRUSTED MAHI MAHI RECIPE | ALTON BROWN | FOOD …
Provided by: Alton Brown
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|5 ounces (about 1 1/4 cups) coarsely ground, roasted macadamia nuts|
|1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)|
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1/4 cup butter, melted|
|Vegetable oil, for brushing foil|
|4 (6 to 8-ounce) mahi mahi fillets|
|Kosher salt and pepper|
|2 tablespoons coconut milk|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a medium bowl, stir together the nuts, panko, flour, and butter. Set aside.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet and brush it liberally with vegetable oil. Place the mahi mahi on the foil and sprinkle each fillet with salt and pepper on both sides. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush each fillet with the coconut milk. Divide the nut mixture among the tops of the 4 fillets, patting the mixture to spread and adhere to the fillets. Return to the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.