HOMEMADE CRESCENT ROLLS – CAN’T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
Provided by: Teresa
Categories: Breads, Rolls and Muffins
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|3/4 cup hot water|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 tbsp. salt|
|1/4 cup Crisco shortening|
|1 cup warm-hot water (105-115°)|
|2 pkg. yeast|
|1 large egg (beaten)|
|5 1/4 cups bread flour (better than regular flour)|
- Combine hot water, sugar, salt and shortening.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Measure warm-hot water into a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle yeast over water; stir until dissolved.
- Stir into lukewarm water mixture.
- Add the egg and 1 1/2 cups bread flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining flour and beat one minute.
- Dough will be soft.
- Knead on floured pastry cloth for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl; brush top with soft shortening (or butter).
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil (or lid).
- Store in refrigerator until double in bulk or until needed.
- (The dough will keep one week in the refrigerator at 40-45°.)
- Roll rolls out into desired shape (see note).
- Cover the rolls and let them rise until double in size, approximately one hour.
- Brush rolls with melted butter before raising.
- Bake at 375° for 10-20 minutes.
- Brush with butter again when rolls come out of oven.
GOLDEN CRESCENT ROLLS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Mike A
Categories: Roll and Bun Recipes
Total time: 3 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 20 -30 rolls
|2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast|
|¾ cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)|
|½ cup white sugar|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|½ cup butter, room temperature|
|4 cups all-purpose flour|
|¼ cup butter, softened|
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, butter, and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining flour until smooth. Scrape dough from side of bowl. Knead dough, then cover it and let rise in a warm place until double (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Punch down dough. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch circle. Spread with butter. Cut into 10 to 15 wedge. Roll up the wedges starting with the wide end. Place rolls with point under on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until double (about 1 hour).
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 12-15 minute or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter when they come out of the oven.
Calories 180.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 24.4 g, CholesterolContent 36.9 mg, FatContent 7.7 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, ProteinContent 3.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.6 g, SodiumContent 173.4 mg, SugarContent 5.1 g
How do you make Crescent Rolls from store bought dough?
Divide the dough into two equal parts and pat each half into desired shape. Each half makes 1 tube of Crescents. Use in any recipe calling for bought crescents. This Recipe equals 2 (8 oz each) tubes of store-bought crescent rolls. To Prepare: Bake dough at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until done. What can I substitute for crescent rolls?
How to freeze uncooked Crescent Rolls?
Do this instead: 1 Unpack and Prepare the Rolls Open the can of Pillsbury rolls (Crescent). … 2 Flash Freezing Get a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper, take your unbaked crescent rolls and place them individually on the cookie sheet. … 3 Storage and Freezing
How long do you Cook Crescent Rolls at 350?
To Prepare: Bake dough at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until done. What can I substitute for crescent rolls? This homemade crescent dough is a great substitute, however puff pastry can also be an alternative. How many crescents rolls are in a tube? One tube of refrigerator crescent rolls make 8 crescents.
How do you make Crescent Rolls like Pillsbury tubes?
These Crescent Rolls are like the refrigerated Pillsbury Tube Crescents! They’re super easy to make from scratch and can be used in any recipe calling for the tube crescents! In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the margarine and water and mix well. Let rest 20 minutes.