HOW TO MAKE AND FREEZE PIZZA DOUGH
Provided by: THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM
Categories: baking,main dish
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|4 1/2 tsp. quick-rise yeast|
|2 c. warm water (115˚)|
|2 tsp. sugar|
|5 c. bread flour|
|1/4 c. olive oil|
|1 tsp. salt|
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine yeast, warm water, and sugar, and let sit for 10 minutes. The liquid should be foamy and bubbly, indicating that the yeast is alive.
- Add the bread flour, olive oil, and salt. Stir using the dough hook or a wooden spoon, until roughly combined. Fit the bowl and the dough hook onto the stand mixer and knead on medium-low speed for 10 minutes, until smooth. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for about 30 minutes, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Remove the dough to a lightly floured surface and divide into four even pieces. Shape each piece of dough into a ball.
- The dough is now ready to be rolled out and baked, or ready to be frozen.
- To freeze the pizza dough: place the pizza dough balls into resealable plastic bags. Make sure that if you put multiple balls of dough in one bag, you use parchment paper or wax paper to keep them separated.
- To thaw: place the pizza dough in the refrigerator the morning before you want to make dinner, then roll and bake as usual.
- To bake: preheat the oven to 500˚. Roll the thawed (or freshly made) dough and bake each pizza about 10 to 15 minutes.
How to make the best frozen pizza at home?
Method 2 Method 2 of 2: Cooking the Pizza Better Download Article
Choose a good quality frozen pizza for the best results. It’s difficult to enhance a frozen pizza that starts out as poor quality.
Defrost the pizza and set the oven to 550 °F (288 °C). …
Place the pizza directly on the lowest oven rack. …
Bake the pizza for 5 to 8 minutes. …
Brush the crust with garlic butter 2 minutes before it’s done. …
How to quickly defrost pizza dough?
How to Defrost Pizza Dough
Refrigerator Method. When I am not in a hurry and plan to prepare pizza the next day, I prefer using the refrigerator method to defrost the dough.
Room Temperature Method. To defrost pizza a bit faster, you can bring it to room temperature. …
Water Bath Method. …
Microwave Method. …
Oven Method. …
How do you defrost pizza dough?
The Best Way To Defrost Pizza Dough:
Take frozen dough from freezer the night before and place it in the fridge.
The next day, the dough should be completely thawed, but still very cold.
1-2 hours before baking time, let the dough proof at room temperature. …
When the dough is fully proofed, shape or roll it into a pizza crust.
How do you cook frozen pizza dough?
Tips When Defrosting Pizza Dough
Make sure you leave the dough 1-2 hours after it has defrosted. This will help it rise and get it to room temperature. …
When the dough has defrosted, make sure you do re-ball it.
Whilst defrosting and rising, make sure the dough is always in an air tight container or fully covered.
Do not heat the dough up enough that it begins to cook.