EASY UNIQUE WAY TO BOIL AND PEEL POTATOES RECIPE – FOOD.COM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4W0qIPJmoo&feature=player_embedded qu est ce que la bergamote recettes.
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
|idaho potato (any quantity or type desired)|
- Bring a pot with tight fitting lid of water to a rolling boil.
- To prepare the potatoes take a very sharp knife and score the potato entirely around the center. With a pair of cooking tongs, place the potatoes into the boiling water and cover with lid. Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and place into a bowl filled with water and ice. Let them cool to the touch; just a few minutes. Holding the potato in both palms on either end, with thumbs pull away the skin from the center removing all from the potato in 2 pieces. Repeat for all potatoes.
Calories 0, FatContent 0, SaturatedFatContent 0, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 0, CarbohydrateContent 0, FiberContent 0, SugarContent 0, ProteinContent 0
EASY OVEN ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE – BEST EVER! – MELANIE COOKS
Provided by: MelanieCooks.com
Categories: Side Dish
|8 medium potatoes|
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|1 tsp salt|
|1/4 tsp pepper|
|1 tsp Italian seasoning|
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters. Blot each potato piece with a paper towel to absorb excess moisure and put in a bowl.
- Pour oil over the potatoes. With your hands, spread the oil all over the potatoes, so all the potato pieces are coated with oil.
- Put potatoes on the baking sheets (make sure the potatoes are not touching each other). Put in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are deep golden brown and tender when pierced with the fork.
- Remove the oven roasted potatoes from the oven. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Number of servings (yield): 4
How to peel a potato without a peeler?
Method Two: Use A Paring Knife
Wash your potato and stand the potato on its bottom, gripping the potato from the top with your non-dominant hand. PIN IT Katherine Baker
Take your knife and starting at the top, making one straight downward cut to remove the skin, being careful to remove as little flesh as possible. …
Rotate the potato slightly and repeat until skin is removed. …
How do you peel a potato without a potato peeler?
Peeling Yams Without A Peeler
Peeling with a knife Make sure you have a sharp knife, as a blunt one will just tear and hack at the potato. …
Peeling with hot water Using a sharp knife, cut a shallow horizontal line around the middle of each potato without cutting too deep. …
Baking to remove skin
How to peel potatoes the fast way?
3 ways to peel potatoes
Peeler The most common way to peel your potatoes is using a hand peeler. …
Paring knife If you do not have a peeler or prefer to use a paring knife for peeling that is perfectly fine. It will get the job done. …
Boil and peel
How to boil potatoes 4 ways?
Fill a kadhai halfway with water and keep it on high heat.
Bring the water to a boil and lower the flame to medium.
Now take two potatoes and peel them. …
Don’t cover the pot with a lid and let the potatoes boil for about 15-20 minutes.
Prick the potatoes with a fork to check if the potatoes are well-cooked or not.