SAUTÉED CAULIFLOWER WITH BROWNED BREAD CRUMBS RECIPE …
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 lb), trimmed and cut into florets|
|4 tablespoons butter|
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|2 cups soft bread crumbs (about 3 slices bread)|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 1 inch water to boiling. Stir in salt. Add cauliflower and return to boiling. Boil uncovered 3 minutes or until almost tender. Drain cauliflower in colander and immediately rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Set cauliflower aside.
- In same skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Stir mustard into butter and add bread crumbs. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until crumbs are golden brown. Remove crumbs to plate.
- In same skillet, melt remaining tablespoon butter and the oil over medium-high heat. Stir in cauliflower and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through. Sprinkle crumbs over top.
Calories 420 , CarbohydrateContent 47 g, CholesterolContent 30 mg, FatContent 4 , FiberContent 5 g, ProteinContent 10 g, SaturatedFatContent 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 1270 mg, SugarContent 7 g, TransFatContent 1/2 g
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER PASTA WITH PECORINO BREAD CRUMBS RECIPE …
Provided by: Alison Roman
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|Kosher salt and black pepper|
|8 ounces rigatoni, ziti or campanelle|
|6 tablespoons olive oil|
|3/4 cup fresh coarse or panko bread crumbs|
|1/2 cup finely grated pecorino cheese, plus more for serving|
|1 large shallot, finely chopped|
|1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), outer leaves and stem removed, sliced about 1/2-inch thick (it’s O.K. if it crumbles)|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus more for serving|
|1/2 cup finely chopped chives|
|Red-pepper flakes (optional)|
- Bring a large pasta pot filled with salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente; drain and reserve about 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they’re evenly toasted and golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Add 1/4 cup pecorino and toss to coat, letting the cheese melt and clump among the bread crumbs (think granola-like clusters). Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl or plate; set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add shallot and cauliflower and season with salt and plenty of black pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the cauliflower has completely softened and both the cauliflower and shallots are beginning to caramelize and brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and 1 tablespoon lemon zest and bring to a simmer, then let the cream reduce and thicken, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and plenty of pepper; if pasta is still cooking, remove from heat and set aside until pasta is ready.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and add the pasta to the cauliflower, along with the remaining 1/4 cup pecorino and 3/4 cup of the pasta water. Cook, tossing to coat the pasta and thicken the sauce until it’s thick and glossy, and almost resembles macaroni and cheese, adding more pasta water by the tablespoon as needed, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Divide pasta among bowls and top with pecorino bread crumbs, chives, more lemon zest, red-pepper flakes (if using) and more cheese if you like.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 775, UnsaturatedFatContent 26 grams, CarbohydrateContent 68 grams, FatContent 49 grams, FiberContent 8 grams, ProteinContent 20 grams, SaturatedFatContent 20 grams, SodiumContent 976 milligrams, SugarContent 10 grams
BAKED BREADED CAULIFLOWER – SARAH’S VEGAN KITCHEN
Provided by: Sarah Sullivan
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
|1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 lbs whole)|
|3/4 cup flour (see notes)|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|black pepper, to preference|
|3/4 cup unsweetened plain plant milk|
|1 – 2 cups panko breadcrumbs|
|spray oil (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Chop the cauliflower into medium-sized florets and set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, spices, salt and pepper. Stir in plant milk. Depending on the type of flour you use, you may need an extra tablespoon or so of milk to reach the right consistency. The batter should be completely smooth and just slightly thinner than pancake batter.
- Add cauliflower florets into the batter and toss in batter to coat. A flexible spatula works best for this, or use your hands if you don’t mind getting a little messy! The cauliflower doesn’t need to be 100% coated, but we want to distribute the batter evenly so all the florets have batter on them.
- Add panko crumbs to a shallow dish and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. You might not need the entire 2 cups depending on the size of your cauliflower; I usually start with 1 cup and then add more to the dish as needed.
- Working a few pieces at a time, dip battered cauliflower florets into breadcrumbs and toss to coat. Transfer to a lined baking tray and repeat until all the cauliflower is breaded. Optionally, spray lightly with oil to encourage more even browning.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Give the cauliflower a flip with a spatula at around the 15 minute point.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sauce on the side, or toss in sauce and return to oven for another 3-5 minutes to bake the sauce into the cauliflower. Leftovers can be refrigerated and re-crisped in the oven (at 350°F for about 10 minutes) or in an air fryer.
- For buffalo cauliflower
- For bang bang cauliflower
ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 167, SugarContent 3.2 g, SodiumContent 366.6 mg, FatContent 1.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.4 g, TransFatContent 0 g, CarbohydrateContent 31.2 g, FiberContent 3.5 g, ProteinContent 6.9 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg
CAULIFLOWER WITH GARLIC BREAD CRUMBS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|salt & freshly ground black pepper|
|1 pinch sugar|
|1 large head cauliflower, about 3 lb cut into bite-sized florets|
|6 -8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|3 garlic cloves, chopped (or thinly sliced)|
|2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (see my note above)|
- Bring a large saucepan 3/4 full of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt, the sugar, and the cauliflower and boil until tender, about 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Drain, rinse under running cold water, and leave to drain.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 4-5 Tb of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the crumbs and toss them constantly until they are evenly toasted, browned, and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, turn the crumbs once or twice, and remove them from the pan. Do not allow the garlic to brown; it should be cooked only enough to flavor the crumbs.
- Heat the remaining 2-3 Tb oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and mash and break it up a bit as it lightly browns in the oil and become slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Do not allow the cauliflower to become crisp and dark.
- Add the crispy garlic crumbs to the pan and toss them with the cauliflower over medium-low heat, mashing some of the cauliflower and allowing some of it to keep its shape, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Calories 448.2, FatContent 23.7, SaturatedFatContent 3.6, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 459.1, CarbohydrateContent 50, FiberContent 6.7, SugarContent 7.4, ProteinContent 11.4
PARMESAN ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE BY TASTY
Provided by: Tasty
Yield: 6 servings
|7 cups cauliflower florets|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 cup italian breadcrumb|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|½ cup grated parmesan cheese|
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚F).
- In a bowl or ziploc bag, add the cauliflower florets and olive oil and stir until fully combined.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan. Stir until fully coated.
- Spread the cauliflower on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Stir the cauliflower and bake for an additional 10.
Calories 230 calories, CarbohydrateContent 34 grams, FatContent 6 grams, FiberContent 5 grams, ProteinContent 11 grams, SugarContent 6 grams
CAULIFLOWER WITH BUTTERED CRUMBS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Categories: Side Dishes
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings.
|1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets|
|1/3 cup butter, cubed|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1/4 cup dry bread crumbs|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender. , Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; stir in 3 tablespoons browned butter. , Drain cauliflower and place in a serving dish. Drizzle with the remaining browned butter; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
Calories 158 calories, FatContent 12g fat (7g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 30mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 295mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, FiberContent 4g fiber), ProteinContent 5g protein.
How to make bread out of cauliflower?
How to Make the Best Low Carb Garlic Cauliflower Bread. After preheating your oven to 300°F, add your cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse them until the mixture has the same consistency as rice. Take your new cauliflower rice mixture and add it into a microwave safe bowl with some salt.
What is the recipe for cauliflower bread?
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients. …
Preheat the oven to 425 F. …
Transfer the grated cauliflower to a large bowl. …
Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. …
Bake until golden brown and dry to the touch, about 25 minutes. …
Melt the butter in a small bowl. …
Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese over the top. …
Is cauliflower a free food?
Cauliflower is a keto friendly vegetable and is often used instead of carbs such as rice or pasta to lower the calories and carbohydrates of a recipe. It is considered a free food or zero points food on Weight Watchers.
Is cauliflower a mushroom?
Sparassis (also known as cauliflower mushroom) is a genus of parasitic and saprobic mushrooms characterised by their unique shape and appearance. This appearance can be described as similar to a sea sponge, a brain, or a head of cauliflower, from which it has been given its popular name.