BLUE CORN TORTILLAS RECIPE + VIDEO – MARICRUZ AVALOS KITCHEN BLOG
Provided by: Maricruz
Categories: basic recipes
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|1 ¼ cup blue corn masa harina|
|water (as needed)|
- Heat a cast iron skillet or a comal over medium heat. Prepare a clean kitchen towel to wrap tortillas to keep them warm and cut 2 plastic sheets about 10×10-inch (25×25 cm) each.
- In a medium bowl add masa-harina and start adding water while mixing with your hands until combined.
- Knead for a minute or two, adding a little more water if needed, until a non-stick y and soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Form balls and cover them with a damp kitchen towel to prevent dough from drying.
- Place one of the balls onto one of the sheets and press it a bit with your fingers to make a patty.
- Cover with the other plastic sheet and then place over a heavy baking dish pressing firmly to shape a 6-inch (15cm) round tortilla.
- Gently remove the plastic on each side of the tortilla, placing it carefully on your hand.
- Lay the raw tortilla on the hot skillet/comal and cook for about 40-45 seconds, then flip it up and cook for another 45 seconds.
- Turn the blue tortilla over again and cook for another 15 seconds, until it begins to puff.
- Place the blue corn tortilla between a kitchen towel to keep it warm. Repeat the steps with the remaining dough.
Calories 65 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 14 g, ProteinContent 2 g, FatContent 1 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 1 mg, FiberContent 1 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
HOMEMADE BLUE CORN TORTILLA RECIPE – A FOOD LOVER’S KITCHEN
Provided by: Laura
Categories: Main Dish
Total time: 11 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
|1 cup blue corn flour (masa harina 100g)|
|1 cup warm water (plus extra if necessary 100-150 ml)|
|Dash of salt|
- Combine the masa harina and warm water in a bowl and stir until mostly incorporated. Then use your fingers to bring it all into one uniform ball of dough.
- Break the dough into 8 golf-ball sized balls.
- Place a ball of dough between two sheets of plastic and press with a tortilla press or heavy casserole dish into a circle, about ⅛” thick. (See notes below for more detail). Peel back the plastic carefully.
- Heat a large flat pan on high heat on the stove top. When hot, place a tortilla in the center and cook for about 3 minutes, until browned spots form on the underside. After flipping, a bubble might form in the middle of the tortilla. This is fine. Don’t puncture it. Once the bubble flattens, remove from heat and set on a plate to cool.
- Form a stack of the tortillas as they get made. This will help them steam and soften.
Calories 53 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 11 g, ProteinContent 1 g, FatContent 1 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 2 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 1 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving